Job Title: Risk Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
Level: Manager / Supervisor
- The Risk Manager will play a critical role in establishing the framework for evaluating and monitoring the Enterprise Risk management techniques across the Sahara entities in different locations.
- Key deliverables include providing a holistic view of the key risks that affect the businesses and identify business opportunities
- Collaborating with various Sahara entities to identify, assess and implement robust risk mitigation strategies.
- Support in streamlining various business processes and establish more effective internal controls to drive profit maximization and reduction of costs
- Facilitate the standardization and uniformity of the business processes across the Group
- Promote a risk-aware culture within Sahara business locations
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial and non-financial impact on the company if a risk crystalizes.
- Identify potential regulatory and non-regulatory risks through thorough and ongoing risk assessments with relevant business leads.
- Liaise with the business to identify Company / team specific risks to maintain & update the Business Risk Assessment.
- Evaluate identified risks against a variety of information & factors (e.g. documents / statistics / reports / trends) to provide commentary and recommendations about how to mitigate these risks;
- Drivee service levels from the Risk & Compliance function to ensure that the operational risk needs of the business are serviced appropriately, through maintenance / reporting and controls of key areas;
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise risk management framework across all jurisdictions.
- Identify and manage the Company’s operational risk priorities.
- Ensure the risk priorities are effectively addressed through a regular testing program of the standard policies, procedures, systems, and controls.
- Initiate action to address any gaps or deficiencies identified during the remediation process.
- Provide insightful, quality reporting to internal Boards, Committees, and other key stakeholders to support risk processes.
- Manage the completion of the Annual Risk & Compliance Staff Declaration.
- Contribute to Risk Committee meetings on current risk issues and developments.
- Maintain an open and productive relationship with the Company’s insurers.
- Overseeing and testing the Group Business Continuity Plan.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a Group Risk register for the Board.
- Update the Board on recent developments around global risk management practices.
- Conducting policy, process, and compliance reviews, which may include liaising with internal / external auditors.
- Evaluate employees’ risk awareness and provide support and training within the company where necessary.
- Draft the Risk management plan, risk training strategy, and the continuous awareness program.
- BSc / BA in Finance, Accounting, Law, Social Sciences, an IT course or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years Risk Management experience in a managerial/supervisory position.
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Sound knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Integrated Framework, Fraud and Anti-money laundering Frameworks.
- Strong experience in the analysis of business metrics and the formulation of Key Risk and Performance Indicators
- Technically strong with good IT ability.
- Excellent relationship management skills – proven experience of building internal & external relationships, through strong interpersonal and team working skills
- A relevant Risk Management qualification (E.g., Professional Risk Manager – PRM) is an advantage.
- Executive Directors
- Managing Directors and Business / Unit Heads
- Head-Group Audit , Risk, HR and other Heads of entities, and staff
- Service providers, Vendors and Consultants
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos