Job Title: Resource Manager (Business Development)
- Create and execute a business plan for an entity emanating from the resource centre of TEC which will manage the production of goods and services and oversee the full supply chain of said entity.
- Generate product development ideas and oversee the full cycle of the development process. Expected to evolve new products that will expand the customer base.
- Manage relationships with content developers, suppliers and all stakeholders involved in developing new products.
- Work closely with TEC to evolve marketing and sales strategies tied to the various channels through which content is produced- message series, events, outreaches, campaigns, etc.
- Drive the production and marketing of products and merchandise
- Expand distribution channels and sales outlets for our books and products and cultivate business productive relationships with existing distributors and retail outlets
- Expand product offerings on all online platforms and implement plan to make our books and products available on all relevant platforms
- Increase sales through proactive outreach to prospective corporate and institutional customers by identifying appropriate contacts and making sales presentations
- Encourage customers to provide reviews on our books. products and merchandise.
- Establish a strong print and social media presence.
- Work with church leadership to develop periodic business development goals, financial targets and implementation strategies to achieve the church’s mission and periodic objectives.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures to address operational and long-term goals of TEC pertaining to revenue generation. This is to include cash handling, pricing standards, loss prevention, book buyback, customer relations and other pertinent issues.
- Study and understand relevant market trends that impact the function and profitability of the Resource Unit with a view to developing trend sensitive strategies, initiatives and communications
- Advise the Church’s management, on an on-going basis, of identified and acceptable business/revenue generation opportunities that can be explored
- Work with the Communications and Graphics teams to develop effective internal and external communication/publicity strategies for the Resource Unit.
- Will build and oversee the Resource department which will have under its concerns sales and marketing, merchandizing, digital media marketing and publishing amongst others.
- Manage the various resource units across expressions and provide leadership to the leaders and unit members.
Global Management of TEC Resource Centres:
- Oversee the management of Resource Centers across all TEC expressions
- Manage the volunteer sales units, motivate them, ensure they drive sales and engage customers
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets within and outside Nigeria
- Develop and implement policies and processes to guide the management and effective execution of all revenue generation initiatives of TEC ensuring integrity in all aspects.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement by proactively soliciting feedback from key stakeholders and developing improvement plans based on feedback.
- Ensure adequate manning of the Resource Centers such that they are effectively open during business hours.
- Possess extensive knowledge of and oversee the Resource Centers’ payment management system.
- Develop effective service recovery procedures to manage customer complaints and other negative customer experience issues.
- Constantly research and recommend initiatives, policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Resource Unit, including new software, internal controls, new electronic payment technologies, and customer service.
Management of Stores:
- Oversee operations and customer service for the online store
- Ensure up-to-date upload /display of merchandise
- Ensure that all elements that are essential for a pleasurable customer experience are in place e.g. links are working, timely response to customer inquiries etc.
- Constant upgrade of the online store to reflect promos and other TEC related communications etc.
- Manage customer orders as well as the delivery of purchased items, ensuring that items are delivered within promised timeframes.
- Work with other teams within Media & Communications to ensure continuous and effective Online Store publicity campaigns and initiatives.
- Create, furnish and market a gift shop that will attract paying customers.
- Create and implement a TEC-wide Resource Center inventory tracking system so as to ensure optimal stock-level management.
- Work with the Sound and Multimedia Units of TEC to ensure optimal production of messages and other recorded merchandise
- Manage or coordinate all aspects of the store’s inventory management including sorting, stocking, storing, data entry/update and purging, when necessary.
- Work with the Procurement Unit to manage vendor relationships and communications
Book Keeping and Financial Management:
- Develop financial management strategies and controls for the Resource Unit. This includes sales, accounts receivables, payables budget management, pricing strategy, and financial reporting.
- Effectively manage the books and financial records of the unit across TEC
- Ensure timely remittance of sales proceeds to the Finance Unit as per policy provisions
- Review daily payment receipts and ensure Resource operations are maintaining profitability.
- Work with the outreach program coordinator to ascertain the program theme with a view to determining the idle merchandise items suited to specific events
- Provide support to other units by making the resources they require available
Skills And Knowledge
- A university degree from an accredited University
- An MBA is desirable.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in sales or business development.
- A minimum of 2 years of outbound sales experience, preferably within the retail industry
- Proven B2B sales experience
- Must have experience working in a corporate/business-focused environment at a management or supervisory level
- Experience working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Experience and a deep understanding of marketing or selling for churches/non-profits will be an added advantage.
Functional & Technical Skills:
- Be extremely imaginative. Can see unique opportunities to produce bespoke products and services.
- Ability to create effective outreach strategies that result in new partnerships
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional level of motivation and a self-starter
- Highly tech-savvy
- Time management and project management skills
- Strong IT skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suites
- Strong work ethic and service orientation
- Business Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- Conflict Management
Attitude & Behavioural Traits:
- Must demonstrate strong self-leadership. Must be an excellent self-starter.
- Must demonstrate high degrees of creativity and imagination.
- Must be extremely resourceful. Should literally be able to create something of nothing.
- Must demonstrate a can-do attitude. Be allergic to making excuses.
- Should demonstrate grit and a drive to achieve set goals.
- Should possess strong leadership skills and be able to inspire his/her team to achieve set goals.
- Effective Communication
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must as RM will interact with several people across the organization.
- Time Management and Organization
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!