hpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Study Data Collector
Locations: Ondo and Niger
- The TIPTOP project aims to reduce malaria during pregnancy significantly by increasing pregnant women’s access to quality assured Sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine through a community directed intervention that complements existing comprehensive antenatal care in reaching more women and their babies with the lifesaving medicines.
- The project aims to test the hypothesis that the use of community health workers to identify and refer pregnant women to attend antenatal care (ANC); and distribute quality assured SP to eligible pregnant women who could not attend ANC can increase IPTp coverage in project districts without decreasing ANC contacts. In addition, TIPTOP project is collaborating with the National programs to understand the impacts of COVID 19 pandemic on antenatal care attendance; as well as knowledge, attitude and practice of health care workers (including community health workers) on infection prevention and control (IPC). The TIPTOP project is a Unitaid funded project in Ebonyi, Ondo and Niger States from 2017 to 2022.
- Jhpiego is working with the Federal Ministry of health through the National Malaria Elimination Program and Reproductive Health Division to investigate the impact of COVID 19 pandemic on ANC attendance. Therefore, Jhpiego is seeking research data collectors with skills on quantitative and qualitative studies.
The key tasks for Study Data Collectors/ Consultant will include:
- To conduct focus group discussions, key informant interviews as well as interview pregnant women and health workers using the study developed guides (starting from October 2020)
- Participate in a 2-3 day training on the use of the study tools.
- Collect important information from research subjects, transcribing, recording, storing and maintaining that information into discrete fields in the appropriate software within the established deadlines.
- Use mobile device for real time online data collection with relevant application packages
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- The Principal investigator/project director may assign any other duty as may be relevant.
Required Skills and Competence
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Social Sciences or other related field of study
- Must be familiar with the project focal communities, and working experience at the primary health care level
- Must be resident in, Ondo or Niger states, and preferably in Akure-south or Bosso Local Government Areas.
- Demonstrated ability to use android phone to record service statistics on real time online bases centers
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a very complex environment
- Ability to write activity report
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum level of supervision
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
- Strong computer literacy and data analytical proficiency
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!