Job Title: Research Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Full time
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Company Overview / Job Description
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Research Manager who will conduct the Evaluation of Porridge Mum programme using retrospective design with secondary analyses. The candidate will work closely with AAH Paris research project advisor and the Nigeria team to achieve this objective. There will be at least one field visit (1 week) to estimate data reliability and intervention contextual exposure at study sites/health facilities which are located in Borno State.
- Lead the design of a sound evaluation process based on cross-sectional features
- Finalize the study protocol and data collection tools with AAH teams in Nigeria and Paris
- Obtain Ethical Committee feedback on study protocol and government approvals
- Make field visit to understand data flow, reliability, contextual factors
- Extract and check the reliability of data, merge and clean to obtain final database
- Develop the statistical analysis plan (SAP) and circulate to the working group for discussion and validation
- Analyze the data and present preliminary results to the working group, in order to discuss these initial results; revise and finalize results
- Write the final report with findings as per the template provided and get it validated
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- Fluency in Hausa;
- At least 4 years’ experience of working in Nigeria.
- At least 2 years experience of managing community-based research studies. More specifically demonstrated ability to develop, refine and coordinate workflows for the different phases of the research studies;
- Considerable experience with the use of statistical software and particularly with the software ‘R’, ‘Stata’ or ‘SPSS’. Use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook necessary;
- Some experience in the analysis of anthropometric data preferably;
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to lead the study required;
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and decision-making capabilities;
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 424,310 per month
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!