Job Title: Research Assistant – BPAL Project
Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi, Kano and Lagos
Contract: Short Term Assignment
Duration: December, 2020 – June, 2021
- In December 2019 WHO endorsed the use of the novel BPaL regimen for MOR-TB patients with resistance to fluoroquinlones under operational research conditions
- This 6-8 month regimen was trialled in the Nix-TB study by the TB Alliance for use in patients with XDR-TB or intolerance or failure of an MOR-TB treatment regimen with 89% favorable outcome (culture negative) after 6 months post-treatment follow-up
- Due to the high rate of adverse events, the regimen may not yet be considered for programmatic use unit more evidence on efficacy and safety has been generated.
Activities within the Assignment:
- Prepare research files with all necessary forms (signed informed consent, complete data collection forms, copies of the laboratory and aDSM forms) for each patients and keep patient files in a secured place;
- Enter the data from the paper data collection forms in the REDCap within 24 hours after the paper form is completed;
- Ensure completeness of the data collection both on paper and in the REDCap under the supervision of the Senior M&E Officer and the Technical Lead;
- Support clinicians during review screening, enrollment, treatment monitoring, and after treatment completion follow-up visits;
- Timely follow-up results of sputum and blood tests;
- Reminding patients on appointments and follow-up with them in case of default;
- Liaise with facility/treatment supporter to ensure correct and adequate samples are collected and results retrieved for the clinicians’ use;
- Work closely with the state TB program team to ensure smooth implementation of the BPaL project;
- Attend to any other responsibilities assigned by the Technical Lead.
Who we are looking for?
- First Degree in Health related discipline;
- At least a year experience working in clinical, research or public health setting;
- Good knowledge of research or data management will be a plus;
- Expertise in the use of computer applications especially Microsoft Office and REDCap is highly desired;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!