Job Title: Research and Development Manager
Ref: QAD / RDM / 001
The appointee will amongst other things:
- Conduct research and develop new products in line with the specified quality standards for foods and beverages by NAFDAC / SON
- Be involved in product improvement and reformulation, especially with respects to existing products (in line with the set standards for such products)
- Monitor process I line improvements by sourcing for ways that could improve the existing processing methods / line efficiency, with the aim of reducing ‘down time’, cost of production, etc
- Conduct Nutritive / Sensory Evaluation by developing instrument/sensory evaluation for products, especially in the determination of sensitive components (e.g. vitamins and minerals in wines and non-alcoholic products), ensure proper Sensory activity team/ plan for new and existing products is put in place and reviewed regularly with the Supervising Manager
- Solve critical problems caused by poor raw materials, erratic supplies, products with off specification issues and investigate the reason for the poor product quality of the final product to avoid future re-occurrence
- Monitor blending and bottling of all new products in conjunction with Quality Control (Q.C) and sign off all process documents for a period of four (4) months
- Write project report at the expiration of the (4) months developmental activities online on the concerned product(s), stating activities carried out, specifications required for such product(s), products shelve life, etc. before handing over to QC
- Study shelf-life of new and existing products
- Conduct research on material sourcing / standardization as well as finding alternative raw materials for use in product formulation.
Our ideal candidate should:
- Possess B.Sc / HND Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science & Technology
- Have at least 8 years (post qualification) experience in the Food and Beverage industry
- Have experience in product / process research and developmental activities and be able to effectively manage a research team
- Be computer literate, proactive, innovative as well as an effective communicator Be result-oriented and be able to meet up with scheduled deadlines.
Competitive Remuneration Package
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!