Job Title: Regional Security Specialist
Location: Adamawa, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- The Regional Security Specialist will be responsible for the safety and security of employees, visitors, physical assets, inventory, proprietary information and intellectual asset of the organization by providing strategic direction, tactical management, emergency planning, threat mitigation, journey management and disaster recovery strategies.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate safety in the daily activities of the workplace.
- Identify any potential threats to the employee’s information or physical safety.
- Lead or assist in the internal investigation of any security breach that occurs in the workplace.
- Select and implement the most effective systems for protecting staff, project beneficiaries, and project properties.
- Maintain close contact with staff and project beneficiaries; abreast them with best security practices and happenings in and around the project space.
- Facilitate training to empower staff to prevent security threats or breaches.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s level degree with a Master’s degree in Security and Criminology.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in security management and operations in private/ non-governmental organization.
- Must be retired in Military not below the rank of Major/Squadron leader/Lieutenant Commander or Police Force not below Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
- Experience working with a USAID-funded project in a similar capacity is an added advantage.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Sound knowledge of security management and operations
- Intelligence policing and gathering
- Good Knowledge of the North East
- Ability to identify, document, and report security issues
- Ability to develop and disseminate security materials
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of Hausa Language (will be an added advantage)
- Must be proactive and swift in attending to pressing security issues
- Team leadership
- Disaster recovery management
- Training facilitation skills
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location adamawa