Job Title: Regional Head of Retail
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Regional Head Manager is responsible for the effective performance of service branches within his or her assigned region, including operations, production, customer service, training, security, and safety in accordance with the bank’s objectives.
- He or she would promote sales, maximize business growth and performance to achieve or exceed financial goals and service culture through coaching and staff motivation. The Regional Head leads in achieving branch, regional and bank-wide goals through new business development, referrals, and retention of account relationships.
- The role holder would promote the bank’s mission, vision, and values. The Regional head provides leadership, accountability, encouragement, and training to branch managers and teams in the pursuit of branch’s core purpose.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all aspects of the business across his/her region by maximizing the capability and profitability of his/her branches and teams.
- Assists Branch Managers in growing their customer base by developing effective business plans with each branch.
- Manage the regional portfolio of deposit and lending as well as personal portfolio consisting of the high value regional customers when necessary.
- Provide leadership and direction to Branch Manager to assist in the achievement of the Branch’s agreed business objectives, goals, and targets. This support will be delivered by regular visits to the branches to coordinate between customer’s requirement and bank’s policy.
- Hold regular regional meetings with branches and review branch performance.
- Anticipates changes in the market, responding quickly to customer needs and maximizing new development opportunities.
- Ensure that the Region’s business is developed to its maximum potential by the effective selling of all Bank product to existing and potential customers.
- Analyze all reports, highlight relevant issues, and recommend appropriate action to management and branch management.
- Provide Senior Management with detailed report reflecting performance, risks, and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Engage managers and officers by giving support in developing new account, relationships, participate directly in sales effort to attract, retain, and grow business relationships.
- Represents the bank as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies, and similar groups.
- Assist branches and staff to build and develop existing customer relationships to assist in achieving goals, build relationships and cross sell bank products.
- Provide a high-quality customer support service to Branch and Corporate Banking and other business division’s customers to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Stays updated on the status and number of all Non-Performing loans (NPLs) applicable to each branch under his/her control. Actively participate in securing < 60 days NPLs and coordinate in securing >60 days NPLs
- Implements and reinforces policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Commensurate Education
- MBA Finance
- Professional Qualification like CFA, ACA or ICAN is an added advantage
- 10 years in finance sector and experience as branch manager
Skill Competencies / Requirement:
- Knowledge and understanding of the approach used in identifying basic needs and priorities of customers, and the ability to match the Bank’s products with those needs.
- Knowledge of Bank’s products and services, operating environment and major business transaction dynamics as they relate to the business location.
- Knowledge of the basic profit goals of the Bank for the purpose of integrating them with individual and branch marketing goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of Financial Analysis and report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to design, select and monitor high performance teams and utilize effective leadership styles for these work teams
- Excellent organizational, time management and leadership skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Familiarity with all retail banking products
- Demonstrated ability to present and cross-sell all Bank products and services with confidence and authority.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!