Job Title: Refrigeration / Air-Conditioning Mechanic (All Interested Candidates)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2020-009RA-T
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: LE – 1210 5
Work Schedule: Full-time – 48 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-5
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is AA. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (48 number of hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Basic Function of the Position – The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Maintenance Worker carries out maintenance and repair work to all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties.
- S / he installs and repairs HVAC systems and ensures that all tasks are completed in accordance with applicable codes and manufacturers’ recommendations.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of commercial or industrial HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems is required.
- Maintenance and repair of HVAC controls including motor starters, thermostats, humidistats, variable frequency drive (VFD) motors and controllers, motorized and gravity dampers, sensors and building automation systems, furnaces, hydronic systems, hot water heaters and heat pumps, evaporators and condensers, chillers and boilers.
- Minor component replacement of motors, valves, pumps, controls and recording instruments is required.
- HVAC testing procedures in control devices to monitor, diagnose faults, determine current operating capacity to the design requirements, all in accordance with standard procedure and regulations is required.
- Reading and working from engineering drawings, specification, HVAC schematics, on-line diagrams and material list is required.
- Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Language: Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users is required.
- A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours is required.
- Must have Nigeria valid driver’s license.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN 4,382,748 / USD $30,414 – Annum
Application Closing Date
9th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and / or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Certificate or License
- For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders / Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000 [email protected]
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!