Job Title: Quality Manager, Grains
Deliverables will be a balance of qualitative and quantitative measures aligned to MATS balanced scorecard. Example:
- Trends in Quality related complaints
- Absence of Quality and Food Safety related Incidents
- New product developments
- Provide leadership for the Quality Assurance and Innovation Programs across the region through Olam Policies, Standards and Codes of Practice and to provide governance reporting that these requirements are implemented.
- Ensure that all business activities within the MATS infrastructure comply to legal requirements of the country in which operations are conducted
- Manage the regional Quality program ensuring that areas of risk are identified and agreed priorities delivered.
- Directly support the MATS Quality VP Head through provision of expertise and as a specialized resource
- Ensure that the requirements of the Food Safety Program are fully understood and provide assurance that the Standards are implemented and sustainable
- Provide assurance that all materials purchased, and goods sold comply with the Quality Standards
- Provide leadership and functional support to the MATS operations providing a health and safe workplace for all
- Review all Event communications for appropriateness and completeness prior to sharing with the broader organization
- Review all Quality related investigations to ensure true root cause has been identified.
- Lead quality initiatives across the manufacturing facilities that impact positively on the policy commitments
- Represent the business as appropriate in key forums and as the technical expert with relevant government authorities and interpret changes to their requirements.
Specific Roles in Nigeria
- Implement a Quality culture in DFM plants and assist in the central quality team in CFM
- Ensure that training plans are rolled and deployed to all departments with regards to all aspects of quality. 6 Sigma and Kaizen projects to be anchored
- Planning for preparation of additives premixes inhouse as well as planning and costing
- Develop new recipes for products in semolina, flour and Pasta
- Complete analysis and shelf-life study of the developed products
- Set up specifications and release criteria for new and existing developed products.
- Ensure the quality consistency of final products by following up from Raw materials to finished goods.
- Verify that all equipment are working and calibrated according to annual calibration plan to ensure correct results delivery.
- Ensure the Implementation and Management of the Integrated Management System (GMP, ISO 9001:2015, FSMS 22000 and HACCP) leading to Certification
- Ensure Specifications/ Standards, Checks lists and records, Documents available for all elements of QMS and food safety systems, documented in manuals.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and standards required by local law (SON, NAFDAC, Contractors, Customers, Health & Safety, Environmental, Product Quality, GMP, Labelling, Factory and Fire).
- Master’s Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related degree
- 7 to 12 years in Milling industry
- Strong food science/chemistry/process skills. Knowledge of food science, nutrition, labeling regulations, ingredients functionality, and food processing.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the key areas of Quality and QEHS
- A skilled auditor of QEHS related management systems (ISO, BRC, FSSC)
- The ability to work as a member of the MATS team
- Understand the business and regional priorities
- Good analytical and organizational skills, project management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Passion to drive continuous improvement
- Eagerness to seek and share best practice
- Cross Functional Orientation: Demonstrates ability to develop and execute MATS strategic priorities with customer focus, commercial mindset, QEHS approach and internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Operational Excellence: Develops and executes manufacturing strategy, drives cost improvement initiatives, delivers benchmark production performance, sustains QEHS standards and drives plant improvement programs
- Technical Services (Quality & R&D): Designs and delivers leading edge specs for manufacturing process while keeping abreast of latest technologies and developments. Collaborates & resolves product & technical issues meeting customer needs
- Engineering Services: Implements and sustains engineering standards, leads asset reliability and performance improvements, Capex projects while also demonstrating knowledge & application of technical assessments & auditing skills
- Planning, Distribution & Procurement: Develops & executes customer focused supply planning, scheduling and reconciliation within an S&OP process. Demonstrates market intelligence and analysis abilities and effectively selects, develops and manages contractual alliances and supplier relationships
- Business & Leadership Focus: Knowledge & Inform Sharing; Information Technology Orientation; Managing Projects
- Leading & Managing People; Influencing & Negotiating; Driving & Managing Change
Competency Proficiency Level:
- P – Practitioner: Actively practices the competency, in day to day operations as well as to contributes to policy and strategic aspects of the function
- K -Working Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the competency in the operational as well as strategic context. Is able to build on existing knowledge and contribute to problem resolution when required
- A – Appreciation: Demonstrates appreciation of the fundamentals and benefits of the competency within own area of work as well as other functions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!