Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
Raw & Packaging material Quality Assurance:
- Sample and test packaging and raw materials from suppliers for conformity to set specifications.
- Approve or reject supplied inputs based on their quality status.
- Monitor Shavers Assembly unit.
- Ensure proper storage to avert contamination.
- Reinforce FIFO during issuance and use.
Component Molding Quality Assurance:
- To ensure line clearance is done to avoid mixing of different materials /master batches /pigments.
- For each production line, prepare a line reference standard of the specified component and submit for review and authentication by the QA Manager.
- Carry out quality checks on all defined parameters for barrels, supports, tubes, buttons, caps, stems to ensure the components manufactured conforms to set specifications.
Ink filling Quality Assurance:
- Ensure line changeovers checks are done before ink fill line starts.
- Take extra measures to avoid change over ink cross contamination
- Evaluate at set time intervals, the defined ink fill attributes (test writing, ink content, writing quality, Free ink level etc.).
- Identify defects that may impact on the functional attributes of the ink fill (compromise writing /requirements set by LSNL/BIC)
- Capture rejects, scrap data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions.
Customer / Consumer Complaints and Trade Returns:
- Evaluate and prepare test reports specifying quality status of any complaint and the action to be taken
- Record complaints data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions.
LSNL / BIC Assembly Operations (Ball point pens and Shavers):
- Ensure line clearance is done to avoid mixing of different customer orders and relevant check sheet are prepared and signed
- Check and verify that the components and packaging materials issued for product assembly conform to set quality requirements and either approve for use or reject the defective components
- Prepare reports for all test samples collected online
- Carefully examine pen points/shavers, identify for defects that can affect writing and shaving performance
- Prepare a line reference standard for each production line and submit for review and authentication by the QA Manager
- Check the wooden hammers used for manual assembly have good quality rubber on both sides to avoid damaging the point.
- Perform hanging hole test at interval and report accordingly.
- Verify all screen print coupons before start of production. Review screen printed pens against approved sample
- Record rejects, scrap data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions
- Ensure all non-conforming materials are well segregated and properly disposed of
- Ensure that the correct quantities are packed at the weighing area and the correct batches and customer names are well coded as planned
- Bar coding controls –control of issuance to ensure specificity to product, conduct scan testing.
Calibration – Weights & Measures:
- Carry out daily weighing scale checks(calibration)
- Identify & Isolate any faulty equipment’s
- Document calibration results and submit for review
- Set and check of measurement gauges for accurate dimension achievement.
- To keep QA laboratory, tidy always.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!