Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager (Cement Industry)
Reference No.: Quality Assurance-Obajana-001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full time
- Oversee and coordinate product testing and inspection process for DCP products to ensure optimal quality of final products is achieved and pre-determined standards of production are maintained.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and drive the implementation of the annual Quality Control Plan for the plant.
- Ensure that production quality control processes are implemented in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise laboratory operations to ensure precision in the sample testing process for raw materials, intermediate products, final products, oil, water, gas, etc. and appropriate calibration of equipment.
- Ensure all set product quality targets are met and deviations from target quality standards are promptly identified and rectified.
- Coordinate the weaning and pilling of cement raw materials; and control of chemical parameters.
- Liaise with process control operatives with regards to the quality control parameters for semi-finished (Raw meal and Clinker) and final products.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out on laboratory equipment and effective housekeeping is conducted in the laboratories.
- Prepare annual calibration schedule and ensure calibration is carried out on laboratory equipment as scheduled.
- Manage the interface between the QA/QC function and other relevant departments within the plant.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Head Quality Assurance.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of quality audit/testing processes for cement
- In-depth knowledge of the cement industry (local and international)
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven training and facilitation skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Proficiently in Microsoft Office suites
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!