platform grows by up to 100k+ users / month with 500k+ monthly unique visitors, all focused on our mission of fighting student debt. As a QA Engineer
, you’ll focus on the reliability, scalability, and user experience of the Bold.org
Our platform consists of a back-end running on Node.js/Express/TypeScript
, a Postgres database, and a Gatsby/React-based front-end. Each of the “apps” has its own unit test suite, and we also invest heavily into end-to-end UI testing.
You’ll join a product team focused on speed, flexibility, and scalability through a lean, iterative approach. You’ll be expected to make thoughtful decisions and release new features multiple times each week while working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers and operations staff.
* Work with product management, design, and engineering as a small, agile development team to discuss and prioritize user stories.
* Work with the team to give design feedback, assess development velocity, remove roadblocks, and more.
* Architect and write UI automation in TestCafe to cover the Bold.org
* Contribute to internal quality standards and processes by ensuring release compliance and synchronization.
* Help manually test different features when needed to increase reliability and feature time to market.
* Smoke test key features, including creating and maintaining a variety of personas for testing.
* Experienced designing and writing UI automation for complex, React-based applications.
* Experienced with standard DevOps practices, including Continuous Integration, Git, and Gitflow.
*Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.
Experience with TypeScript, Node.js
, and React is a plus.
* Agile. You work effectively as part of a small team, iterating rapidly and releasing frequently. You’re comfortable starting user-stories even if designs are not yet 100% complete.
* Ok with perfect not being the enemy of good. You’d rather move quickly and iterate quickly.
* Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily. You can rally a team around a shared vision.
* An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself. You prefer to spend most of your time as an individual contributor.
* Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
This role is full-time and remote and can be done from anywhere. To improve engineering coverage, working hours in US time zones are strongly preferred.