Job Title: Protection Data Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: 25th December 2020
Contract End Date: 31st July, 2021
- The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC). The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy.
- In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
- Ongoing Protection activities in both the two areas of intervention include protection monitoring, information dissemination and awareness raising through community-based approach, internal and external referrals, provision of Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) and Safe Space activities for men, boys, women and girls.
- Furthermore, in 2020-2021 PUI Protection Department is officially launching a GBV Case Management System in both Maiduguri and Monguno which will further strengthen PUI’s response to protection needs.
- Under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the Protection data assistant will support the Protection data entry and the Protection team in data collection, consolidation and quality management.
- She/he will be in charge of the compilation and data analysis, data cleaning and the Kobo extract to ensure the protection and proper internal management of the protection data.
- S/he will support the Protection data entry in the use of the GBV Information Management System, ensuring the correct entry of the GBV cases into the GBV Incident Recorder (IR) for all PUI operational areas.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Data Management: She/he will be supporting the Protection data entry for the daily data management compilation and cleaning;
- Data Protection: She/he will support the protection of the sensitive data according to PUI policy on Data protection
Data Management & Data Protection:
- Ensure that the data collected goes through a data cleaning, validation and upload process each day;
- Implement the design, with the support of the MEAL team, of all existing Protection papers surveys forms into the Kobo system format;
- Support the design of any new KOBO questionnaire (creation and revision) and its implementation on the field;
- Generate periodic data reports and share with the Protection Project Manager (PM) and Deputy Program Manager (DPM) of Monguno and Maiduguri;
- Respect strictly the protection protocol regarding the sensitive data management;
- Maintain and update the Protection database and provide timely update to project staff based on the nature of feedback;
GBV Case Management Information Management System (IMS):
- Ensure data received from the field team is correctly entered into the Incident Recorder on a regular basis;
- Weekly share with program Managers and Protection team trends to inform prevention activities and informed programming;
- Regularly update documentation and maintain database for all documented cases using the GBVIMS;
- Use the GBVIMS Incident Recorder to analyze cases documented for weekly, monthly and quarterly;
Internal and External Reporting:
- Update Deputy Program Manager on daily achievements and challenges encountered on the field and provide advices to the field team on the Kobo daily management if needed;
- Keep data monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to the Protection PM and DPM.
- Note: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this vacancy are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Compile, extract, clean program data while supporting data collection and management to ensure a better analysis of the protection concerns.
- Ensure proper data collection control according to pui general data protection protocol for the protection department
- Supporting the protection department to achieve its goals through the occasional undertaking of additional activities that contribute to the overall ability of the organization to achieve its stated outputs.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Language skills: Fluent in Kanuri, Hausa and English (speaking/reading/writing),
- Education degree: At least a degree or diploma in Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, Sociology, or a numeracy discipline.
- Work experience: Proven experience working in NGOs. Previous experience in database design and data management is an asset
- Knowledge and skills: Good analytical and writing skills/very good team spirit/ Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities,
- Computer skills: Comprehensive knowledge of the MS office software especially Excel, and database management. Basic understanding of data analysis packages such as SPSS, Epi-Info etc.
- Other: Commitment to the NGO values and principles.
- Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues.
- Strong motivation to work in the humanitarian sector and to help people in need
- Strong motivation to analyze and suggest solutions
- Well organized and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Autonomy, neutrality and hard worker
- Ability to work within a team.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!