Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to support daily implementation of AECID/SPNO funded Education project, Plan international Nigeria
Dimensions of the Role
- The post holder will directly implement the project and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation of the Education in Emergencies components of Plan International’s emergency response.
- He/she is responsible for assessment, response analysis, design, capacity building.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator:
- Support in documenting lessons learnt and best practices of the project
- With support from M&E team design a Monitoring plan and simple data collection tools to ensure monitoring and data collection of key project indicators.
- Facilitation of youth economic empowerment through skill acquisition in vocational training centres and Master Trainers on basic Income Generation Activities.
- Support Cash and Voucher assistance to vulnerable beneficiaries and supervise distribution process following humanitarian principles.
- Facilitation the organization of women into an advocacy group that can voice out their concerns to gatekeepers.
- Application of United Nations resolution on peace and security in guiding women forum.
- Work with women groups and partners on gender-based violence awareness creation and follow up survivors for appropriate referral.
- Ensure inclusion gender transformative in project programing.
- Support in designing appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of quality issues in education and learning outcomes is really important.
- Will work closely with the National partners in the execution of the Formal, non-formal (ABEP) education component of the project and ensure enrolment of out of school children.
- Will be responsible for the formation, strengthening and training of the Community structures (SBMCs, PMCs, CBCPCs) etc.
- Ensure success of inclusive educational approach with children and young people living with disabilities enrol in education centres.
- Facilitate training for teachers, community mobilizers on pedagogical practice including classroom management and accelerated basic education curriculum.
- In collaboration with national and international Education actors, map current institutional response capacities – including conducting an education specific 5Ws.
- Ensure Plan international guidelines, UN education cluster standards and INEE Minimum Standards, are considered and any departures documented.
- Represent Plan International to clusters, governmental and non-governmental groups as needed and agreed with the Team Leader.
- Support the implementation of, and represent Plan International in, emergency education coordination mechanisms including any relevant cluster.
- Brief updates and reports on sectoral activities/strategies to donors and other stakeholders.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Project Coordinator
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies with mainstreaming of livelihood and GBV.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Ability to read and write in both English and others languages appropriately in Northeast Nigeria.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!