Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Otukpo, Benue
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role is responsible for delivery of the Universal Health Coverage Intervention for Nigeria Programme – this is a demand creation and advocacy driven project wrapped into one. The project officer will be responsible for planning and implementation of activities in accordance with agreed standards and budgets, identifying and engaging with key state and community stakeholders, lead advocacy actions and delivery of messages, responsible for adapting learning and integrating same into project activities, and finalization of monthly/quarterly/final programme reports.
- S/he will work in close collaboration and coordination with the State Ministry of Health, State Health Insurance Scheme, Local Health Authorities and Christian Aid Programme Coordinator.
- The role will be responsible for timely project delivery, within approved budget and in compliance with standard protocols, policies and guidelines as prescribed by the Ministries of Health and State Health Insurance Scheme.
- The role will build and manage strong relationships developed through effective communication between organization, her partners (donors and funders) and other stakeholders in the state.
- The role will ensure Compliance with financial policies and procedures including reporting requirements and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of community-based volunteers’ capacity development and training.
- The role will ensure efficient management of all project activities to ensure effective service delivery in the supported communities and health facilities through availability of health commodities, proper utilization and timely reporting.
- The role is ultimately responsible for the project and team; whilst reporting to the Executive Director.
- Degree in Basic Health, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other related field.
- S/he must have at least 4 years’ experience of working with an indigenous or international NGO and strengthening health system.
- Extensive understanding of the national response to health care delivery and broader health policies, especially on increasing access to affordable basic Healthcare Services to vulnerable and marginalized population through a sustainable Community Based Health Insurance strategy.
- Knowledge and competency in gender-sensitive and inclusive programming
- Experience of managing donor-funded projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate project progress reports to a wide audience
- English fluency and ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with Universal Health Coverage and Health Financing national guidelines desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and work well in a team
- Skills and experience in state and local advocacy and lobbying processes
- Understanding of the local culture, traditions and language a plus
- Familiarity with Donor and reporting requirements
- Experience working with government institutions and agencies in Nigeria
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Total Years Experience 2-5