Job Title: Project Manager & Business Analyst
- Do you love events? Have you initiated major concerts, campaigns, exhibitions, festivals or conferences without much hassle in recent times?
- Do you have the template to execute large gathering event in a few weeks with a team of committed people?
- Do you have more than 5 years post-college event management experience? Then this job is yours!
Definition – Project Management:
- Clearly and thoroughly identify the scope of the project(s) by:
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope.
- Listen for, uncover, and resolve misunderstandings or disagreements about the scope.
- Ensure all portfolio resources understand the scope as well as how it will affect other projects within the portfolio.
Planning – Project Management:
- Work with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill the scope:
- Understand what constitutes an end-to-end, thorough cross-functional schedule for the project and involve stakeholders as appropriate to create a valid plan; be able to discuss risk areas and convey impacts to scope or costs if a shorter schedule is demanded.
- Plan the project(s) in sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities, identification of cross-portfolio dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
- Obtain project approval of the plan through effective communication skills, ensuring a thorough understanding of the plan, its implications on revenues, delivery dates, resources, and deliverables.
- Ensure a comprehensive budget is prepared, reflecting the plan and all resource needs.
- Ensure non-people resources are identified (e.g. tools, logistical costs, legal fees) so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable.
Resourceing – Project Management:
- Identify resourcing needs in line with the project plan:
- Ensure all necessary cross-functional resources are identified and that justification for such resources is clear in the event of constraints arising as a result of other work responsibilities.
- Communicate to ensure that all resources understand their roles and accept their responsibilities, and escalate where that commitment is not present.
- Direct and motivate the project team(s) to achieve the desired results, often using matrix management, and ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
- Ensure effective management of third-party suppliers to the project(s).
Execution & Control – Project Management:
- Day-to-day management of the project:
- Manage the project(s) time, cost and quality activities, in line with the project framework.
- Produce reports in line with the governance requirements of each project portfolio.
- Ensure application of thorough risk and issue management across the project(s), instigate mitigation actions, identify contingency plans and manage items through to conclusion.
- Ensure effective communication to the project teams, internal and external stakeholders, partners, suppliers and customers.
- Manage proposed changes to project parameters – e.g. scope, budget, schedules.
- Monitor the quality of project deliverables and ensure project objectives are met.
- Conduct project meetings and attend programme and portfolio meetings where required.
- Establish effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
Transition to Service Delivery / BAU:
- Where appropriate, deliver serviceable outcomes to the business through:
- Successful engagement of the Service Delivery functions to establish any infrastructure and processes that need to be delivered to support project outcomes.
- Ensure a smooth hand-over to the Service Delivery team, and any other supporting functions identified.
Business Analysis Responsibilities
- Strategy analysis – Ability to define strategy with business customers, creating a vision of what needs to be done to address a business issue / opportunity. You will actively support our leadership team in driving our future strategy.
- Requirements gathering – You will discuss, define and produce written Business Requirements with customers, sponsors and partners so that they can be easily understood. This will include scenarios whereby the requirements are at different levels of maturity. A hands-on approach is required in this area.
- Influence Business Change – You will act as a “bridge” between various stakeholders (all levels) playing a crucial role in ensuring the desired change is successful. You will aim to achieve “win-win” situations and have the confidence in the quality of your analysis and be able to withstand pressure and sustain your arguments.
- Produce Business Cases – experience of producing business cases is required including a good understanding of investment appraisal techniques and business benefit management. The ability to identify and quantify the benefits is required.
- Problem-solving – The role requires an individual with the mindset that problems can be solved. Experience of investigative techniques is essential such as interviewing, facilitating workshops and activity sampling.
- Produce Business Process Models – Experience of producing process diagrams (As Is & To Be) showing the steps that the business will carry out to respond to an event, near events or trigger and achieve specific goals and objectives.
- Professional qualification in project management, such (e.g. Prince2 or PMP).
- Business analysis qualification such as CBAP etc is an added advantage.
- 4 years’ business analysis experience.
- 6 years’ project management and delivery experience.
- Facilitation, negotiation and workshop experience.
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- Successful experience of translating analysis into practical implementation.
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall.
N500,000 – N700,000 Monthly gross.
Application Closing Date
9th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!