Job Title: Project Leader, Pulse Sports
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience – and providing expansive media reach and creative marketing solutions to partners. We run news websites and social channels and marketing and production across Francophone and Anglophone West Africa and East Africa.
- We are a platform leading in reach with our news and entertainment content – with millions of regular users per month. We are also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
- We are looking for a Project Leader who will be responsible for leading the set-up and growth of Pulse Sports into a relevant sports media brand on the existing Pulse national media platforms – starting in Nigeria and bringing it to other Pulse markets across Africa. You will be in the lead to launch and grow an editorially and commercially successful Pulse Sports offering in collaboration with our international partners.
- We are therefore looking for a candidate with experience in the sports media or betting industry with a proven track record of taking on a range of responsibilities including driving strategy implementation, sourcing and recruiting talent, business development, client and partner relationship building, technological product development, and team leadership. You will have the support of our international teams and be a key driver of Pulse’s growth in the sports segment.
- Defining and executing a strategy to build a leading Nigerian Sports media product in terms of content quality, brand reputation and performance
- Making Pulse Sports a commercially viable product within 12 months by personally leading commercial efforts around the project and collaborating with our commercial team
- Setting up and leading the team responsible for Pulse Sports
- Ensuring synergies with other Pulse products and teams are maximized
- Efficiently managing the budget dedicated to the project
- Closely collaborating with the international partners involved in the project
- Strong understanding of digital media
- Experience in a sports-related industry (eg. sports media, betting, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Experience in successfully managing projects and developing leading products
- Commercial mindset
- Passion for football and other sports
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a Cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to: [email protected] using “Project Leader – Pulse Sports” as the subject of the email.
Note: We are accepting and reviewing applications for this role until mid June.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!