Job Title: Project Finance Officer II
Location: National Headquarters, Abuja
Line Manager: Director Finance and Resource Mobilization
- The Project Finance Officer will support the team in ensuring the timely and accurate processing of project transactions as well as periodic reporting of financial activities on project to donors.
The Project Finance Officer has the following responsibilities:
- Review payment requests to ensure that all the relevant supporting documents including invoice, receipt, approved budget and procurement documents where applicable are attached.
- Further approved proposal, tender documents, purchase orders, contracts, GRNs, distribution lists and invoices are attached to PV
- Coordinate with relevant staff on unclear support documents provided for payment before processing it further
- Ensure all payments are processed in a timely manner without unnecessary delays
- Ensure payment vouchers are properly coded and approved before effecting payment
- Post transactions on Quick Books or on available ERP software for periodic reporting
- Perform reconciliations on staff and working advances
- Provide staff with account status on monthly basis. Ensure that additional advances are not given to staff if the previous one is unaccounted unless with prior authority.
General Ledger Update:
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions to be captured in the accounting books
- Update the general ledger and participate in monthly closing procedures
- Ensure all transactions processed through the accounting system are properly authorized and have the relevant supporting documents
- Maintain a transparent, accurate user-friendly filing system of all financial documents by ensuring all documents are in place and files are properly labelled
- Follow up with branches and staff for retirement of advances at the close of every month
- Budget Tracking and Performance Reporting
- Using excel skills to match actual expenses with budgeted line items upon the availability and request of transaction list from finance.
- Generation of monthly budget report and variance analysis for donor’s information.
- Reporting of staff advance on a periodic basis for reconciliation purpose.
- Record budget realignment where it is required and re-adjust the matching expenses on cash basis.
- Ensure appropriate control and security of all cash resources always
- Conduct ageing analysis and compile reports of outstanding payments over 30 days and follow up to ensure payment
- Closely monitor all financial activities and keep the management advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance
- Assist in the facilitation of both internal and external audit procedures as may be required
Key Performance Areas
- Timeliness and accuracy of payments processing
- Accuracy of ledger reconciliations
- Quality of financial reports
- Number of errors recorded in posting.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of HND or B.Sc in Accounting with upper credit or second-class upper division from a recognized institution in Nigeria.
- Minimum of two years experience in Finance dept of a recognized NGO.
- In-dept knowledge of Microsoft suit such as excel, word and power point.
- Excellent in financial reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as a single document) to: [email protected]
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- State the Position applied for / Location / Name as the subject of the email.
- Applicants who fail to comply with the application instructions above will not be considered.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!