Job Title: Project Coordinator – SGBV / SRH
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The position holder is overall responsible to manage implementation protection (SGBV) and sexual reproductive health interventions under Global Affairs Canada funded project.
- The post holder is expected to have strong SGBV, SRH and education programming knowledge and skills.
- The position holder is also expected to deliver high quality technical and managerial support in the project implementation and staff to build strong implementation.
Dimensions of the Role
- Role holder will directly implement the SGBV protection and sexual reproductive health activities ensuring smooth running of the project across: Bama, Dikwa, Monguno and Jere LGAs through overseeing direct project staff activities and offering technical and operational support to downstream implementing partners, contribute towards the partner capacity building as well as project staff including case workers and community volunteers.
- This role will interface with other programme team members and contribute to building integration of protection to other Plan international response sectors including EiE, livelihoods and nutrition.
- Role also works closely Plan Safeguarding and Gender units to enhance gender mainstreaming and compliance to child safeguarding and also supports the functions of M&E unit to ensure the establishment of a systematic M&E system for the project.
In collaboration with the field teams and GBV/SRH officer, and guided by relevant sector technical specialists the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Provide guidance and support to implementing project team in all phases of the project cycle.
- Develop a detailed activity implementation plan with the project team
- Prepare a detailed procurement plan and ensure adherence to the timeline established
- Lead and organize regular monitoring visit and if required, project action plans, revisions and modifications
- Monitor budget and ensure adequate burn rate with support from DRM and the specialist
- Working with and in coordination with M&E manager, ensure adequate data capturing of project beneficiaries.
- Design and participate in awareness raising activities aimed at promoting changes in attitudes and behaviours regarding SGBV/SRH
- Ensure appropriate and sustained messaging of SRHR information to target beneficiaries
- Ensure all prevention and response protocols to COVID-19 are in place before project activities implementation
- Directly supervises project officers and support overall team to ensure quality deliverables
- Provide oversight and guidance including for partner staff to align and coordinate activities and successfully perform in their positions
- Ensure timely completion and submission of regular program and staff reporting and annual performance reviews as appropriate
- Ensure that all Plan policies are upheld, as well as the IASC guidelines on Gender Based Violence and adolescents SRH programming.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop Plan programs
Finance, Admin and Logistics:
- Monitor and manage programme expenditure and budgets, ensuring resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Plan International financial procedures and Donor requirements.
- Follow up and ensure that invoices and supporting files are accurate, consistent and submitted timely donor
- Lead in monthly financial review or expenditure against programme plan and implement revisions as required.
- Liaise with the DRM, Logistics and admin Coordinator, Financial coordinator, and other Programme Managers, through coordinated planning to ensure efficient and timely procurement and use of supplies necessary for the smooth running of the programme.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- In coordination with the Data management and report officer, monitor and measure the progress of project activities and taking necessary action accordingly.
- Conduct timely routine activity quality monitoring activities, including field-site and post-distribution monitoring – ensure data is shared in a timely fashion with the MEAL Team and department manager.
- Provide support to strengthen the information management, including standardized databases for implementation tracking and monitoring purposes.
- Ensure programme delivery is in line with Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Support to MEAL team in conducting need assessment, data and information collection for SGBV / SRH programs.
- Ensure effective networking and coordination with UN sub- sector meetings and other stakeholders, such as Government authorities and relevant NGOs.
- Support the CPIE Specialist and health specialist during donor proposals, budgets and reports to ensure they are of high quality, up-to-date and delivered in a timely manner in accordance with Plan International policies/procedures, donor requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that donor strategy, donor guidelines, formats and processes are understood and being adhered in the project
- Support timely recruitment to fill vacant positions, and new staff recruited are inducted and trained as per the needs of the programme and the organisation.
- Nurture team spirit in the various teams within the structure like Community Facilitators, Assistant Project Officers, Project Officers and Volunteers.
- Regular review of project staff performance and timely feedback to address staff performance.
- Ensure that all staff team are aware of and comply with Plan International’s Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Assist with the recruitment and the identification of community volunteers
- Design capacity building plans and ensure ongoing capacity building opportunities for project officers, case Workers and community volunteers both technical and management skills.
- Ensure that all staff are provided with the necessary support and advice to carry out their duties.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Participate in the revision of SOPs when necessary and other security related duties
- Provide safety and security management for all staff on the field in respect to implementation activities according Plan International Security Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work with Plan Nigeria Humanitarian Response unit.
- Various departments within Plan Nigeria (HR, Admin & Log, M&E, Finance, Programmes) etc.
- Project coordinators of projects considered to be part of Lake Chad programmes.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Development Studies, Social Studies or Public Health related field, Project Management or related field and experience in INGO with at least 4 years work experience in humanitarian response and managing protection and health projects.
- At least 3-year experience in gender-based violence and SRH programming including experience in SRH information dissemination to conflict – affected rural communities as an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years of direct psychosocial/counselling experience with a reputable agency; experience working with survivors of violence in emergency preferred.
- Strong ability to lead women centres and child friendly spaces preferred
- Clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, medical ethics and respect for clients at all times. Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Knowledge and ability to speak Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage
- Experience in GBV case management and use of GBVIMS / other GBV databases is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of Sphere and established international GBV standards, methodology and tools
- Knowledge of community mobilization and facilitation techniques
- Excellent Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Applicants from Borno State are encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
- Excellent community mobilization skills.
- Based in Maiduguri with frequent visits to all project locations to supervise and monitor project activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children. It is expected that children who come in contact with Plan international shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
13th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!