Job Title: Project Assistant ((DTM) /Field Operations)
SVN No.: SVN2021.21
Organizational Unit: Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working Under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer (DTM) Maiduguri, and under the direct supervision of the Project Officer (DTM), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for the implementation of the Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) operational activities.
- S/he will coordinate, in close collaboration with the partners on the field, the data collection process in the region(s) s/he has been assigned to:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Implement mobility activities to collect and disseminate data on IDPs in close collaboration with the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) and other relevant partners on the field.
- Provide training and support to relevant partners, enumerators on data collection based on the DTM’ methodology and tools.
- Be responsible for all administrative arrangement on the field including payment of staff, review, adjustment and endorsement of bills and invoices after trainings.
- Be responsible for sending the information / data collected on the field on a timely manner for analysis and according to the standards and requirement of the DTM program.
- Keep abreast of all stakeholders and interagency assessments, reports and relevant material related to Internally Displaced Persons.
- Prepare weekly narrative reports regarding the implementation of activities in the state.
- Represent the DTM program in all meetings, events organized at the local level.
- Build the capacity of the enumerators involved in DTM activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree / Diploma in Humanitarian, Political or Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with four years of relevant working experience
- Minimum two years experience in related field; experience in statistical tools, reporting, liaising with government authorities advantageous; preferably within the international humanitarian field.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line “SVN2021.21 Gombe. Project Assistant (DTM) /Field Operations) G4”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Gombe