Job Title: Project Assistant
CFCV No.: SVN2021.54
Location: Benin, Edo
Organizational Unit: Migration Management (Migrant ProtectionAssistance–MPA)
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special short-term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the project Officer (MM/AVRR) Benin city and direct supervision of Senior project Assistant and in close collaboration with other units, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of the AVRR activities under the Migration Management unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide overall support in the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of the Migrant protection Assistance program AVRR component of the community-based reintegration.
- Provide rehabilitation and reintegration support to returned migrants and other targeted beneficiaries in close coordination with the Senior project assistant.
- Assist in identifying areas of partnership with the private sector and other potential stakeholders, including companies already working in the sector that will benefit for the different proposed project interventions including community-based reintegration.
- Provide livelihood guidance and options, on an individual, collective or cooperative basis, to increase beneficiaries’ awareness of different business options based on market assessment and project beneficiary interests.
- Assist with preparing Bill of Quantities (BoQ) for proposed project activities considering appropriate pricing of all business enterprise products ensuring the pricing is competitive while considering investment costs, ensuring best quality and value for money and monitor the delivery of vendor services in line with BoQ and contract to ensure timely delivery and project milestones are met.
- Assist in establishing linkages to vocational learning institutions and refer beneficiaries to selected marketable courses and conduct in-house regular training for identified project beneficiaries on the technical skills required to operate and efficiently manage the reintegration projects in coordination with supervisor.
- Assist in carrying out beneficiary profile and needs assessment and offer counselling to the returnees and other targeted beneficiaries and facilitate smooth socio-economic reintegration.
- Provide technical and administrative support to relevant state and non-state actors, including training institutions, involved with providing rehabilitation and sustainable reintegration assistance.
- Distribute allowances to returning migrants and other beneficiaries, as appropriate, prepare and review conditions of the business plan as pertaining to the reintegration/AVRR program and raise any issue and carry out field visits to the beneficiaries’ business sites to monitor the implementation of the activities.
- Develop the beneficiary profile and needs assessment formats and ensure the documentation and filing of all beneficiaries in a database for reference and monitoring including regular update of beneficiaries’ information in a database, provide support to the assessment of the qualitative and quantitative impact of grants and community projects.
- Collect, prepare and present information through periodic and ad-hoc monitoring reports on reintegration activities for evidenced-based programming. Assist in the preparation for the exchange of information to relevant counterparts.
- Facilitate the entry of returning migrant data as required in MiMOSA and/or other relevant database as required by the project in coordination with the Senior Reintegration Assistance.
- Prepare data for further processing, analysis and reporting.
- Undertake duty travel as required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Educational Qualification and Experience
- University degree from an accredited institution in in Law, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, Business Administration with Three years professional experience
- Diploma in the above fields with Five years of relevant working experience
- Experience working in the field of migration including operational and field experience in an International Humanitarian Field.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage preferably within the United Nations or within the international humanitarian field;
- Experience in dealing with UN policies, procedures and operations is desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory;
- Demonstrated knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations, community-based organizations and private sector entities.
- Practical knowledge and experience in the use of the MS Office package, SharePoint etc.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multiethnic environments.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2021.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line ” SVN2021.54.BeninProjectAssistant(MPA)“
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
- Applications are welcome from first-and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates.
- For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Benin, Edo