Job Title: Programme Support Officer (P2)
Requisition: SVN 2021 03
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (PSU Maiduguri), and in close co-ordination with senior management, resources management and programme managers, the successful candidate will be assisting with and contributing to the development of new projects and the reporting on programmes in Maiduguri.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Draft and review of regular progress reports in line with IOM and donor requirements.
- Contribute to IOM Nigeria situation reports, review and edit factsheets, and other information and visibility products, in coordination with the program units.
- Support the Programme Coordinator (PSU) in project development. Analyse potential funding opportunities, draft project proposals and concept notes.
- Support grants management by following up on the operational, administrative, and financial aspects of new and ongoing projects, including activation, processing, endorsement, records-keeping and submissions in line with external/internal requirements. Maintain accurate and pertinent records of all correspondence, project development and reporting files, and administration information. Ensure proper management of proposals and reports in IOMs electronic Project Information and Management Application (PRIMA).
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator (PSU Maiduguri) and Public Information Officer, produce visibility materials for publicity to appeal to donors for resource mobilization by recommending content and carrying out editing. Support in documenting ongoing project activities through photography and multimedia presentations.
- Provide general administrative and technical support in the preparation and organization of conferences, meetings, trainings and other events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University Degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated work experience with international organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations, in a multi-cultural setting;
- Demonstrated experience in project development, donor liaison and reporting activities;
- Demonstrated experience in programme and project management including budget planningand monitoring is an advantage;
- Experience in the area of humanitarian service delivery is an advantage.
- Ability to assume responsibility and demonstrates continuous commitment in delivering and meeting objectives;
- Ability to effectively and independently prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Effectively and professionally coordinates activities with colleagues, partners, local authorities, and other stakeholders to advance country office or regional objectives.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link: https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency…
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021 by 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No late applications will be accepted.
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fees). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Salary ₦ 100000-150000 NGN 100000-150000 Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification msc-phd
- Location Maiduguri, Borno