Job Title: Programme Manager – EU Resilience
Job ID: 2100055D
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Contract Length: 1 year
Reports to: Field Manager, Yobe
- Level 3 – The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in-country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- Strategically lead and manage the EU Resilience Programme in Yobe and the EU Yobe COVID-19 Awards; accountable for the achievement of programme deliverables and delivery of the joint log-frame within the consortium of Save the Children, CCDRN, CISLAC, ICEED, and International Alert. These Awards are partnerships with the Yobe State Government so that the Post holder is expected to develop and sustain excellent working relations with the Partners.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Direct Reports – Social Protection Coordinator, HEA Coordinator, Livelihoods Coordinator, Education Officer, Child Protection Officer, MHPSS Officer, Nutrition Officer, MIS/Payment Coordinator, Community Mobilization & Advocacy Officer
- Matrix relationships – HR Officer, Finance Coordinator, MEAL Coordinator, Safety and Security Coordinator & Supply Coordinator.
- Budget Responsibility – Yes will be responsible for both budgets of the EU Yobe Resilience and EU Yobe COVID-19 Awards.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Assume overall oversight of the EU Resilience Program and EU Yobe COVID-19 in Yobe in collaboration with the Field Manager
- Ensure that different sectors (social protection, livelihoods, peacebuilding and advocacy) are implemented in strict compliance with Save the Children policies and procedures and with relevant EU regulations and agreements, sectors guidelines and the NGO code of conduct.
- Manage and lead programme related strategic liaison with in-country government, donors, consortium INGOs and Agencies.
- Manage relationships to ensure ongoing programme performance and technical quality assurance.
- Ensuring the programme meets or exceeds agreed targets, including reviewing cross-consortium programme performance data and programme management arrangements on a monthly basis, identifying and agreeing on residual actions, mitigation activities and influencing consortium partners to ensure partner performance is maintained.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the technical team to ensure that the programme achieves technical excellence, embedding continuous improvements in operational aspects of programmes.
- In coordination with the TAs and the awards team, ensure the preparation of timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Inspire, lead and motivate programme teams to deliver on programme objectives.
- Ensure that the project is appropriately staffed across Save the Children and consortium members, including the appropriate combination of expertise across technical and operational areas
- Identify, implement and improve accountability mechanisms for operating under commercial arrangements across partnerships and programme consortium arrangements including contract compliance considerations.
- Develop programme systems that are flexible and responsive to changing demands of programme implementation.
- Ensure that an effective monitoring system is in place for achieving prior agreed targets in relation to programme activities, budget allocations and financial expenditures, ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the programme
- Demonstrate and ensure programme implementation demonstrates high levels of commitment to Save the Children and our vision, mission and values in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
- Ensure strong budget management and compliance and resource utilisation.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their own personal development, and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health, Nutrition, Food Security or related relevant discipline
- Prior experience in designing and/or delivering large scale (in excess of £10m) cash transfer and livelihoods programmes
- Proven ability to manage large consortiums with a minimum of 4 years of experience managing multi-sectoral programmes
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in resilience building
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale social protection and livelihoods program programs
- Experience in managing multi-donor, multi-site resilience programmes (including EU, ECHO, DFID and USAID)
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding programme targets, while maintaining technical quality.
- Ability to represent the cash transfer and livelihoods programme at a strategic level and engage and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or regional level government structures to strengthen the capacity of the state to take ownership of and deliver services.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Experience in the management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience in building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, the definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Substantial experience of working and living in Africa, ideally with professional experience in Nigeria
- Demonstrable understanding of Value for Money and DFID results agenda.
- Ability to coach and mentor multi-sectoral partners.
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!