Job Title: Programme Coordination Officer
Job ID: 210005RP
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The role of the Programme Coordination Officer, Operations (PCOO) will support the Programme Operations Manager and the Programme Manager of the Philanthropic Integrated Health and Nutrition project to lead and collate human impact stories and maintain strong project coordination responsibilities in our Borno office.
- Save the Children International- Nigeria generates a wealth of information and knowledge across its programmes and field offices and it is pertinent that our knowledge management processes are improved, therefore, the main responsibility of PCOO is to work with existing sector teams in the project implementing states, especially Borno to coordinate programme activities, be the overall project focal person to support and coordinate knowledge management and learning activities in accordance with the SCI Nigeria’s Knowledge Management strategy.
- In general, the PCOO should be well placed to coordinate learning activities and gather knowledge products from the field and project activities.
Key Areas of Accountability
- He/she will work closely with the Programme Manager – Phil_IHN, Borno Programme Operations Manager, Programme Operation Coordinator etc. he/she will coordinate the Phil_IHN project activities in Borno state
- He/she will follow up with project procurements in pipelines in Borno state.
- He/she will work with the project thematic leads to ensure that activities are carried out as planned.
Knowledge management and Learning (KML):
- He/she will be the project KML focal person to collate and upload relevant documents, activities reports, achievements on the Knowledge Resource Centre
- He/she will work with the Communication and Media Coordinator to collate and generate human impact stories and quality pictures from the project’s beneficiaries in a readable format and will administer consent forms during the process.
- Assist in the generation and dissemination of learning papers and briefs highlighting lessons from the project.
- Assist in coordinating learning activities with the project team.
- He/she will monitor and deliver on agreed monthly work plans and report progress to the Knowledge Management Coordinator.
- Coordinate the report writing process by working with the team to collate report content and writing quality storytelling reports for the donor.
Media / Communications:
- He/she will collect pictures and videos that can be used to produce human impact stories, collate the necessary information, and then work with the media and communication team to produce good short clips that will depict project impacts across the states of implementation.
Additional job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- University Degree in Social Science or Health or Communication or related field; or equivalent experience.
Experience and Skills
- A general appreciation of the issues concerning the development/civil society sector with an in-depth knowledge of knowledge management and graphic design.
- Minimum experience is 3 years post-NYSC in an NGO or corporate environment.
- Highly developed intercultural/interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Has strong coordination and proactive leading style and ability to bring about positive improvements in how knowledge is generated and captured at field offices.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Can proactively identify opportunities for collaborating with project managers and staff to coordinate learning activities and knowledge products.
- Someone who has had exposure to Media, Communications and Knowledge Management, but at minimum has an interest in this area and shows a willingness to develop his/her capacity.
- Strong results orientation.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Familiarity with child protection and safeguarding issues, including experience with vulnerable populations.
- Experience in building personal networks, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organization.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and be flexible with working hours.
- Experience in solving complex issues through analysis.
- Must have NYSC discharge/exemption certificate
- Commitment to Save the Children International values.
- High level of personal integrity, commitment and professional responsibility
- A mature personality with life experience is an advantage.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- He/she holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- He/she holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- He/she sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- He/she will widely share their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- He/she should be future-orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- He/she should build and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- He/she should have a sense of values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- He/she is approachable, a good listener, easy to talk to.
- He/she develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- He/she is willing to take disciplined risks.
- He/she must be honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- In the event of a major emergency and needs, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!