Job Title: Program Manager (PM)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Program Manager leads design, implementation, and monitoring of projects and reports to the Program Coordinator.The Program manager will work hand in hand with the management team to provide oversight to program implementation including strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial and ensure that grants management integrity of the entire project is met.
- She/he will be responsible for oversight of work plan implementation, ensuring compliance with DCR regulations. PM will coordinate with the project team and oversee staff to ensure sub-awards achieve program goals.
- She/he will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a collaborative approach and program documentation.
- She/he will serve as the primary point of contact on program management with donor and stakeholders. The Program Manager will provide technical oversight to raise awareness about the effects of the violence on women and girls in general, with an emphasis on coaching staff to build their capacity, advocating for improved services for women and girls, and ensuring quality response to reach women and girls in conflict affected areas. The PM will liaise with team members and other departments for coordination and to carry out job responsibilities.
- Supports management in providing management and technical oversight of programs, ensuring that program activities are effectively and efficiently implemented
- Provides management and support for work planning, project implementation, budget development and tracking, and sub awards management within established policies and principles of DCR, within the regulations and standards set by the donor;
- Ensures that rigorous analytical management systems are in place and that staff are capable of enforcement of compliance of these systems to achieve financial administrative and programmatic goals;
- Oversees work plan monitoring systems development and implementation
- Provide coordination of various administrative and finance support units to ensure projects receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner;
- Provides timely and accurate programmatic reports and other contractual deliverables to management and donors as required;
- Works with the Project leadership in communicating with donors and partners about the project
- Provides training, mentoring and coaching to program management and project staff
- Supervise and manage the program team to ensure conformity to the project goals and deliverables.
- Ensure that project activities are executed successfully, completed within time frames and project scope to meet program objectives
- Ensure timely writing of program reports for review and thereafter onward submission to Programs Coordinator and the donor as stipulated in sub contract agreement; provide input to manuscripts for publication and presentations as necessary
- Provide guidance and advice to the programs management team on technical issues of gender mainstreaming and related advocacy in projects
- Network and maintain a dialogue with relevant stakeholders e.g. Government Institutions, National and International Development Organizations to ensure collaboration and synergy on projects and sharing of experiences on gender issues.
- Coordinate and attend training workshops for self, relevant stakeholders, staff and key actors on gender-related topics including identifying training needs and organize training on gender mainstreaming for the organization, target communities, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Support the media and communications team in preparation and dissemination of information related to gender and women empowerment.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting on gender mainstreaming by ensuring the collection of relevant baseline information and formulation of indicators that are sensitive to gender.
- Assist with other team and organizational activities as may be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a university degree in Public administration, Project Management, or other relevant social science or arts course, certificate in social work and development, with significant relevant work experience in conflict affected areas.
- 3 years program management experience, preferably in insecure locations,
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in gender, advocacy, and women empowerment issues with additional understanding of Gender-Based Violence(GBV) and Violence Against Women and Girls(VAWG)
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations and systems/regulations in gender programming and gender mainstreaming.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
- Knowledge and experience of participatory planning methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation;
- Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches;
- Sound and proven management skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively.
- Practical knowledge and experience in operational and programme approaches.
- Computer skills particularly, experience with MS office suites strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!