Location: Maiduguri, Borno in State
The Program Manager will be responsible for distribution of GFD/CBS activities, managing delivery and coordinating with internal and external staff, lead project delivery and manage small teams, and provide overall leadership in the design and delivery of GENERAL FOOD DISTRIBUTION (GFD) AND NUTRITION ACTIVITIES programs. The Manager overarching focus is to position Program manager to achieve its mandate. The specific areas of focus include the management of GFD /CSB.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities for the position include:
• Overall monitoring of GFD/CBS for activities as required by donor.
• Provide ongoing monitoring of the status of programs and complete regular check‐ins on
• Analysis of the program deliverables with donor reporting guidelines.
• Design and develop program implementation component.
• Ensure appropriate measurement of financial, programmatic, and influence performance
against stated milestones and goals
• Support team’s adherence to internal policies and Program management standards.
• Review final draft for coherence and manage submission to the donor.
• Oversee the financial status of the CBS activities including developing long and short‐ range
financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set
financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports
the needs of the program and staff
Partnership Development and Management
• Coordinate partnership negotiation & development, ensuring necessary teams are engaged to
help further program’s objective.
• Exercise collaborative efforts with other social service organizations, NGOs, companies,
institutions and governments for the effective deployment program to benefit our clients,
beneficiaries and the community
• Develop and preserve relationships with donor, beneficiaries and internal.
Represent WFP interests and programs with external stakeholders, in concert with the
respective relevant teams.
Strategy and Planning
• Support team with strategy development and planning and visit program activities to support
facilitation of the process as requested.
• Facilitate learning across departments, programs, and knowledge of resources/tools/best
• Collaborate with the board to develop, refine, implement and monitor GFD/CBS’ strategic plan
while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with WFP’s core mission
• Provide strategic guidance for program, stakeholder management and talent management
• Appropriate tracking systems, for regular presentation to the board and donor and other key
• Manage donor database and beneficiaries’ database
Participate in the interview process for new staff, providing contextual information on programs
and realities of the position, and selection for key positions as identified with the recruiting.
For new‐hires, support Fin / HR manager to provide briefings on context, strategy and programs
as initial step in the onboarding process.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries, donors and to
standards guiding our work
• Lead, coach, develop, manage and retain high performing staff.
• Build and entrench a culture of professionalism, efficiency and innovation in line with
organisations core values.
• Establish effective decision‐making processes that will be flexible and efficient in achievement of
program long and short‐term goals and objectives
• Collaborate with the Board; seek and build board involvement with the overall and continuous
strategic direction of the project.
• Facilitate cross‐departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff
throughout the organization
30 November 2020 by 5pm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Note: All applications must be titled with your name, surname, location and position. e.g. John Smith – Abuja – Clerical officer.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Location Maiduguri, Borno, Borno