Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- In support of our work in Northeast Nigeria, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Program Administrator.
- As Program Administrator, you will ensure that the administrative, financial and logistic systems and procedures are in compliance with Malteser International and donor standards. You will be responsible to supervise and guide the administrative team to achieve set targets and ensure sound project support in line with Malteser International’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- You will also be responsible for human resources procedures and you will ensure that rules and regulations are in place, maintained and adhered to, so that all operational support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Supervise, monitor and support to the Operational Support Team (finance, logistics, human resources) to ensure that Malteser International administration, personnel, logistics and finance systems are in place and applied
- Monitor compliance with Malteser International and donor standards, rules and regulations as well as administrative and logistic procedures during program planning, implementation and closure and ensure that they are implemented and adhered to
- Manage, supervise and coach of up to 15 national staff members
- Organize and coordinate support for the Program Management Team in the fulfilment of their duties according to program design and timely implementation of agreed and necessary changes
- Closely cooperate with the Program Management Team in the establishment of project budgets, budget controls, and procurement plans
- Contribute to a comprehensive monthly report that covers all relevant operational support information
- Ensure trainings for local staff and partners on finance, logistics and HR issues
- Working experience in administration and financial management of humanitarian relief, transitional aid and/or development projects
- Relevant University degree or applied degree in Finance Management, Administrative Science, Economics or Social Science
- Proven experience and excellent ability to successfully work with and comply with international and donor standards (e.g. German government, GIZ, ECHO, UNOCHA)
- Experience in cash management
- Experience with budget templates and budgeting with different donor funds, as well as monitoring expenditures
- Experience in carrying out/supervising and evaluating tenders
- Experience of human resource management would be an asset
- Proven experience of assessing and developing relations with local partner organizations would be an asset
- Sectoral experience in WASH or Protection would be an asset
- Solution-oriented mind-set and analytical thinking
- Proven experience to lead, support and coach teams in a trustful and culturally sensitive way
- Proven communication skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and to diplomatically manage the relationship with different authorities and donors
- Good English language proficiency (written & spoken)
- Working experience with accounting software, MS Office and MS Excel software
- Physical and mental strength to work in live in hardship location
- Working experience in Nigeria desirable
- For expatriate candidates: valid working visa for Nigeria strongly preferred (please indicate in your application)
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Maiduguri, Nigeria, with frequent travel to field locations and Abuja
- Duration of contract: 12 months
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
- For expatriate candidates: accommodation in team house, one home flight per year of employment, R&R every 10 weeks
- Please note this is an unaccompanied position
- Both Nigerian and international candidates are encouraged to apply
- We offer a challenging position with many opportunities in a highly motivated team environment
24th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
- Please submit your application (CV, meaningful letter of motivation and 3 references) online
- Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!