Job Title: Professor
Location: Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt, Rivers
We are recruiting candidates for the Departments below:
- Department of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- Department of Marine Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
Candidates for the position must satisfy the following criteria:
- Candidates must be holders of Ph.D in relevant fields with not less than 10 years teaching, research and professional / industrial experience after the Doctorate Degree in a University system.
- The candidate for this position must be a registered member of COREN.
- The candidates must also show evidence of distinguished contribution to scholarship and at least fifteen (15) journal papers in the candidate’s discipline to be seen on Google Scholar.
- He/she must show evidence of exceptional research record and a reasonable number of scholarly publications in reputable journals, both local and international.
- He / she must show evidence of proven teaching ability, evidence of capability to initiate and carry out independent research works as well as supervise student research and projects.
- The person must possess sound administrative skills and show evidence of participation in administration within the University system and contribution to the development of the outside community.
Conditions of Service
- Successful candidates will be required to assume duty as soon as possible and will be on probation for the first three (3) years. Thereafter, they will retire at the approved age of 70 years.
- Candidates could be allowed to transfer their service to the Rivers State University.
- Other conditions are similar to those obtained in other institutions of higher learning in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) plus one photocopy each of their Certificates with other relevant documents to either of the following email addresses: [email protected] or [email protected]
All submissions should be addressed to:
Rivers State University,
- Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the closing date above.
- All candidates should nominate three (3) referees who should also be required to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the address above.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!