Career TV Station – A reputable national TV news channels based in Abuja is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
- A reputable national TV news channel based in Abuja is looking for a Production Coordinator to supervise and provide logistics support to the production team.
- We are looking for a strong leader and a team player who can help develop our news channel by establishing new ways of working to deliver engaging and compelling TV content.
- In return, we are offering an exciting place to work, with a real focus on making a difference through impactful journalism.
- The role is also responsible for content scheduling and producing channel montages and call sign tones.
- Ensures compliance with channel’s style guide
- Responsible for compliance of all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary rights are acquired and recorded for the complete delivery of the production/content, escalating any issues at the earliest stage.
- Responsible for supervising Craft/Film Editors and Creatives/Graphics Editors.
- Accountable for resolving any operational and financial issues commensurate with the role.
- Responsible for preparing (or contributing to the preparation of), managing, setting and monitoring of production budgets, and for forecasting and reporting, where required. May also assess the financial viability of content ideas that may arise during productions.
- Managing Media Asset managers and ensuring there is an appropriate archiving system for the channel.
- Identifies training needs of less experienced colleagues, ensuring performance management arrangements are in place, where necessary.
- With significant experience in live television. You will have an extensive knowledge TV and digital content production techniques with at least 5 years experience.
You will also:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Be a trained journalist and / or have as strong production skills or journalistic background.
- Have management skills, and capable of inspiring teams
- Knowledge of delivering a range of/elements of productions on time and on budget and coordinating deliverables for productions, where necessary having worked on location, with crews and production teams with a strong knowledge of how productions are managed.
- Good working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with an understanding of the technology used on productions.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out a coordinating role within a production team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!