Job Title: Producer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Producer to join the team. Our ideal candidate is a creative storyteller and has hands-on experience with multimedia productions, telling brand stories that support marketing objectives.
- The Producer is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. This role reports to the Head of Operations, Commercial Video and works very closely with the Director of the commercial video department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce highly engaging video content for Pulse clients.
- Develop and pitch creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the brand’s objectives.
- Oversee ideation, scripting, shooting and post-production for all Pulse client projects.
- Collaborate with operations / account management / sales team to ensure the seamless execution of all client campaigns.
- Oversee timelines for all Pulse client projects, ensuring videos are delivered to schedule.
- Coordinate a team of creative talents, technical crew, and other external resources to ensure effective workflows and processes.
- You will organize shooting schedules, obtain relevant permits when shooting on the field, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and health and safety laws.
- You will be responsible for securing appropriate rights, licenses and clearances for video usage, image usage and soundtrack usage, and resolving all other factual or legal concerns.
- You will supervise post-production to ensure quality control, including proofreading and cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, design pages, photos, images, sound, colour, etc.
- You will be accountable to a budget, managing costs at all stages of production to ensure the best value possible for Pulse.
- You will oversee video editors to ensure proper organization and safekeeping of video footage and logs.
- You will keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly video and design programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects and other programs from the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Support the Director of Video by actively proposing and helping to implement new and innovative strategies in order to meet and exceed the company’s overall revenue and profit targets.
- Be an ambassador for the Pulse brand by representing Pulse at events, taking on speaking opportunities, participate in panels and other discussions in the wider media and entertainment communities in your role.
- Any other duties assigned.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- 2 – 3 years of experience in overseeing new media content and commercial video production.
- Excellent writing and story development skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
Remuneration, Benefits & Conditions
- You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job.
- We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive.
- As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a brief cover email with the position you are applying for as the subject to: [email protected]
Note: Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you – please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!