Job Title: Procurement Officer
Requisition ID: req12374
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Procurement Officer is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s procurement system.
- Supply Chain must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- This individual will be responsible for carrying out procurement processes and activities at the Maiduguri field site, Borno state and provide support to the Area Base offices in compliance with IRC and donor regulations
- Attend all procurement committee meetings,
- Coordination with Finance, Admin and programs department to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation,
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented, maintained and advise the Logistics Manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements, ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time, establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
Major Responsibilities: Procurement:
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance with IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Manage Procurement staff and Procurement Clerk.
- Advise the Logistics Manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Logistics Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: The Procurement Officer directly reports to the Procurement Manager
- Position directly supervises: N / A
- Indirect Reporting: Supply Chain Manager and Supply Chain Coordinator
- Other Internal and/or External Contacts:
- Internal: Finance and the Program Sectors
- External: Suppliers/Vendors
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Bachelor University Degree, preferably in Management, Administration or related fields
- At least 3 years, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines,
- Effective time management and organizational skills,
- Ability to multi-task, Team spirit and problem-solving abilities,
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft excel and A good command of English language
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!