Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Coordination Office – Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: 1st September 2021
Contract Duration: 7 months (with possible extension)
Open for Nigeria Nationals only (Male/Female)
- The Procurement Officer coordination assists the Supply Chain Manager (SCM) in ensuring a smooth running of the procurement for Coordination office and Maiduguri & Monguno bases, and the capacity building of the procurement assistant.
- S/he contributes in guaranteeing timely and quality deliveries of required goods and services for PUI programs in Borno State, Nigeria.
Responsibilities and Task
Supply Chain Management
- Provide the adequate backup and support to the SCM in order to guarantee that all procurement plans are implemented and updated for each grant.
- In accordance with the SCM, guarantee that procurement procedures are respected according to the donors’ and PUI’s guidelines, without being an impediment to the timely implementation of the activities
- Guarantee the validity of all the procurement files edited by the Log Managers according to PUI’s SC policy by regular visits of control (direct check of the folders)
- Work in close collaboration with the person requesting the purchase, with strong technical specificity, and carry out any appropriate conformity tests if required
- Support in ensuring that contracts are adequately signed by the empowered coordinators and guaranteed a strong protection for PUI in case of disagreement
- Centralize and optimize the grouping of purchases
- Supervise, in accordance with the SCM, the identification and referencing of suppliers
- When delegated by the SCM, consolidate/update the mission’s price catalogue for the mission’s operation areas
- Participate in ensuring that purchase files are correctly archived and sent to HQ/Paris on time (correlatively with accounting files)
- Contribute to plan and eventually supervise the shipment and delivery of materials/equipment up to their final destination
- Contribute in following up the shipment of merchandise coming from abroad when necessary
- Participate in the procurement validation process in order to guarantee the respect and the good application of PUI procedures.
- Ensure the first reading (and validation) of all procurement which comes from procurement assistant.
- Provide some pieces of advice to the base logistician for the procedure.
- Support the Logistics Coordinator/SCM for the opening of tenders (participation, correction, validation)
- In line with the SCM, check and analyze the purchase follow up every week and give some support to the SC teams if issues are identified.
- Archive all hard copies linked to procurement, organize and classify all the procurement in order to prepare the audit.
- In accordance with the SCM, s/he may check and prepare all the files for the upcoming audit.
- Daily supervision and management of the Procurement Assistant at Coordination.
- Contribute in planning the activities of the Procurement Assistant
- Identify the needs for trainings and prepare relevant training material for all logistic department (presentations and documents to be distributed).
- Medical procurement
- Through the SCM, he/she could follow up the medical procurement and coordinate with the Medical Coordinator and the Procurement Officer in HQ (if needed) to complete these procurements in a timely manner.
- Support in organizing and filing all the medical files, in accordance with PUI guidelines and organizing the purchase in accordance with the SCM.
- Provide support to the transport partner, provide all necessary documents which are needed
- When requested, act as the “interface” with all suppliers (transport, custom clearance)
- Support the SCM in preparing all necessary documents to HQ (waybill, NAFDAC, etc.) and organize clearance process with qualified authorities.
N.B: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department
- Reinforcement of the supply management and ensuring the continuity of the quality control
- verification of coordination purchase files in order to be ready for audits
- participation in the capacity building of the procurement assistant in coordination, focusing on the new procurement guidelines dissemination.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa (Kanuri is a plus)
- Education degree: Higher National Diploma, or any University Degree in a related field
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years work experience with INGO or any organization in procurement, supply chain management or Logistics
- Knowledge and skills: Good procurement skills and good knowledge in logistics procedures and value chain management. Good knowledge of institutional donors and good management capacities
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including and any other soft-wares
- Interests: Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Reliable, rigorous and well-organized
- Ability to be multi-tasking and willing to extend his/her scope of work
- Good management of time and of priorities
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Team spirit and problem-solving skills
- Autonomous, neutral, hard worker
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to withstand pressure in volatile environment
- Flexibility and adaptability skills
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Honesty and integrity
- Sense of confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!