Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- This role will support Plan International Nigeria implement the World Bank ANRIN project in Niger state to ensure procurement and supply chain activities in line with organizational and project objectives and donors’ expectation and guidelines.
- The Procurement Officer will ensure effective pipeline and inventory management to enable on time delivery at value for money of all procurement for which Plan International is responsible.
- S/he will lead in the procurement of project commodities and items either through direct procurement or through donor procurement agents.
- S/he will be accountable for the effectiveness of the procurement, ensuring on time delivery and no stock outs.
Dimensions of the Role:
- Provides design input and update to the project team on all procurement through the procurement tracker
- Work with the project team to ensure accurate quantification from fit for purpose procurement plan annually
- Provides guidance and support to the project team all the admin assistant in the procurement team
- Performs other Logistics and procurement duties in a manner that supports the project and improves Plan International efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with the project manager to ensure forecasted needs are timely and accurate and ensure reconciliation and goods are also moved to beneficiaries
- Monitor, with supervisory visits and documented spot checks, inventory storage and movement records in the warehouse which hold stock for which the project is accountable
- Investigate any losses and ensure that relevant people are held to account for such losses, and that lessons are incorporated into ongoing procurement process
- Ensure Plan International Nigeria stock management procedures and Procurement guideline are adhered to
- Ensure that all items for which Plan International is accountable for is tracked within Plan International tracking system
- Ensure the implementation with the project team the compliance to warehouse management processes for Plan International Nigeria
- Develop and review the procurement plans for the project, including commodity quantification and distribution plans using correct assumptions and best practices.
- Plan, source (directly or via donor/Plan procurement process) and manage the delivery of all commodities (drugs, medical supplies and equipment etc.) where Plan International is responsible in line with the segregation of duties
- Ensure that all procurement is done within Plan International automated procurement system
- Support project distribution planning and execution to ensure all stock are received on time at distribution points, and all stock is recorded during the distribution, and reconciled
- Regularly collect, collate and analyze value for money parameters and recommend areas of efficiency gains for Plan International and Donor procurement
- Work with the logistics and procurement specialist to design training materials on procurement, good storage and distribution practices for project staff, partners and associates.
- Provide capacity building support to project staff and local partners staff on procurement, warehouse and inventory management processes, documentation and data management (including procurement, quantification- Procurement Plan, requisition and delivery processes)
- Taking lead on all procurement activities, giving suggestions and innovative practices to the organization
- Work with the management and project teams to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings to improve overall compliance with organisational and donor policies.
- Ensure that the Plan International procurement guideline and processes are complied with, including in relation to procurement, inventory and warehouse management, anti-fraud, anti-bribery and anti-corruption and conflicts of interest.
- This position reports to the Medical Logistics Coordinator at the Niger office.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive experience in Procurement
- Educated at a Bachelor’s level in relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Supply Chain and/or Procurement Qualification
- Demonstrated success as a procurement officer within field and national environment.
- Demonstrating a high level of transparency and application of the principles of procurement
- Working knowledge in contract negotiation and management.
- Hands-on leader who is a strong motivator.
- Strong proficiency with using MS Excel and data analytics
- Up to date knowledge of best practice using advanced inventory management tools.
- Good communication skills. Comfortable working with colleagues from different cultures and various internal departments;
- Good writing skills in English.
- Preference for team work and a collaborative working environment
- Great availability;
- Great listening skills, discreet and tactful.
- Sensitive to cultural and social conditions.
- Commitment to continuous learning; willing to update knowledge in logistics field.
- Ability to respond/manage multiple demands from various sites/departments
- Work experience in an INGO
- Typical office environment. May have to travel on the field
Level of contact with children:
- Occasional interaction with children.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!