Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Assistant
CFCN No. : SVN2021.79
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organization Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Slots: 2 Openings
- Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Procurement/logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement and logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules, and procedures.
- In particular, s/he is responsible as a Team Leader of the Procurement and Logistics Unit in their performance of variety of duties.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Follow local procurement procedures and IOM’s procurement policy and other related regulations and procedures.
- Provide support, advice, and assistance in procurement of goods/services for the Mission.
Undertake the day-to-day operation of the following services:
- Receive Purchase Request Form (PRF) and verify that all necessary information concerning specifications, justifications, WBS and expected delivery dates are correct.
- Identify potential vendor and issues Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Assist with the evaluation and comparison of the quotations on Bid Analyses Sheet (BAS); and recommend to the relevant requester. Award orders to the selected vendors who can meet the specification at their best offer.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) inclusive necessary information on asset codes, specifications, quantity, prices, delivery dates, payments, and vendor contact details.
- Receive and inspect goods/services according to PO specifications and that all goods are in good condition; and assist onward delivery to destination as required.
- Ensure all related supporting document are complete and verified.
- Prepare Payment Request. Submit and follow up with finance.
- Obtain approvals as required by the matrix.
- Properly record and indicate the above process in PRISM as required.
- Make copies of procurement and logistics documents.
- Follow up purchase orders status and keep requester informed of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery condition.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with 4 years of relevant working experience with specific focus on logistics and procurement in medium-large scale complex emergencies and inventory stock / supply chain management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the different elements of the supply chain in humanitarian context.
- Previous experience in conflict affected areas/natural disaster areas with limited infrastructure.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environments.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 9th November, 2021.
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2021.79 Maiduguri, Nigeria. Procurement & Logistics Assistant G4“.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!