Job Title: Procurement Assistant – GS6
Reference No: 2107032
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
Under the general supervision of the WHO country representative and direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent will perform the following tasks;
- Take minutes of meetings and other secretarial duties as may be required in the unit.
- Make necessary arrangements for meetings as may be required.
- Maintains records and files for the unit as may be necessary.
- Dispatch requests for quotations to vendors and follow up on response.
- Quotations pick-up
- Upload names of vendors in the database.
- Prepare committal documents in GSM
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school with training in general administrative practices with focus on Procurement
- Desirable: University degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field and training in procurement/Supplies would be an asset.
- Essential: 8 years of experience in administrative positions preferably in WHO or UN system with sound knowledge of its rules, regulations, procedures and practices related to the role.
- Desirable: WHO or UN agencies’ experience in procurement and supplies management would be an asset.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Fosters integration and teamwork
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- English expert level required
- Work requires the use of word processing or other software packages, and standard office equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2021 (11:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!