Job Title: Private Sector Consultant
- With financial support from Unitaid via Population Services International, Jhpiego is implementing Phase 3 of the STAR Initiative, a 18-month project to catalyze HIVST adoption, availability, and use in Nigeria.
- Through the Unitaid-funded STAR Initiative, HIV self-testing (HIVST) has proven to provide an opportunity to reach, test, and diagnose or prevent infection in populations that are considered unreachable by use of traditional testing approaches.
- In Nigeria, STAR will support the Government of Nigeria to develop and adapt policy guidelines for the adoption of HIV self-testing and support the integration of HIV self-testing within the existing health care systems.
- The Private Sector Consultant will work under the supervision of the Project Director and will lead the implementation of the private sector driven activities for the STAR project. He/ She will be responsible for developing innovative strategies to implement a total market approach for HIVST implementation in the country and will ensure effective linkages to confirmatory testing services and treatment services as applicable.
The key tasks for the private sector consultant will include:
- Develop a Theory of Change for the total market approach for HIVST in Nigeria and lead its implementation.
- Conduct a private sector mapping/assessment for HIVST in targeted states to identify gaps and opportunities for HIVST distribution and implementation in the private sector.
- Periodically engage and sensitize key players of the relevant segments of the private sector on HIVST procurement, distribution and implementation.
- Periodically engage with key regulatory agencies of the private sector on addressing regulatory barriers to HIVST implementation in the private sector.
- Lead STAR’s private sector engagement strategy development, advocacy, and implementation efforts for HIVST
- Support the project team to develop innovative public-private partnerships to create demand for HIVST
- Facilitate support systems to ensure effective referrals and linkages for confirmatory testing and treatment
- Advocate for data collection, reporting and use on HIVST by the private sector
- Build capacity and provide technical assistance on HIVST to appropriate private sector entities as required.
- Interface with NASCP, PEPFAR and GF on addressing barriers to HIVST implementation in the private sector.
- Produce program reports on activities as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the project director.
Required Skills and Competence
- Master’s degree or equivalent degree in medicine, pharmacy, public health or related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience working with the Private Sector and NGOs in Nigeria.
- Deep understanding and experience with utilizing the total market approach to address barriers to access to health commodities and health system
- Experience in building and brokering partnerships across key segments of the private sector
- Professional connections and extensive private sector network in relevant segments; strong relationship building skills.
- Understanding of public sector and government institutions’ role in private sector development and partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and effectively promote information-sharing, collaboration and cooperation.
- Knowledge of HIV programs is an added advantage
- Ability to work under the pressure, with minimum supervision and on-distance;
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
- Strong computer literacy and data analytical proficiency.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV Cover Letter as One Single Word document to: [email protected] using “Private Sector Consultant” as the subject of the email.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja