Job Title: Picture Editor, West Africa Deployments
Job Reference: BBC/TP/653414/51631
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Fixed term
Job Category: Journalism
Business Unit: News – W2020 Africa
- Create television output by assessing material against productions’ editorial and presentation requirements. Edit the available material to meet these requirements and transmission, publishing or production deadlines and the professional standards required by the BBC.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with producers and / or reporters, or to a script, brief or outline of the requirements and the story’s content. Liaise with reporters on script ideas, story structuring, ordering and subsequent use of library material alongside sync selection and picture treatments.
- Select pictures and sound and help with the selection of sync and spot appropriate up-sounds.
- Ensure a successful editing process by keeping producers informed and advise senor editorial figures of any issues.
- Re-edit as required, log recorded shots and complete editing process.
- Plan editing sessions and employ appropriate editing techniques.
- Record incoming pictures and sound from all sources, including rushes, outside broadcasts (OBs), agency feeds, satellite, regions and studios.
- Provide relevant material necessary for graphic effect (GFX) creation and help develop the most efficient work flow for GFX sequences to be included in packages.
- Create and develop visual effects treatments,
- Work closely with the production to appreciate Producer’s intentions and provide edited material.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and administrative tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of craft editing and television production techniques.
- Relevant experience as a Broadcast Journalist
- Knowledge of transmission procedures and talkback techniques.
- Experience in recording and transmitting pictures and sound in all broadcast formats.
- Understanding of the systems that support edit platforms e.g. FCPX, Dira, OpenMedia, Jupiter and File Transfer.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Problem solving and be proactive in achieving editorial objectives with limited resources.
- Demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of BBC editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives.
- Able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing emotionsin the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations.
- Ability to present sound and well–reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Able to get ones message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2021.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!