Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Requisition ID: req17575
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Category: Fixed-Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. The IRC is now in the process of establishing long term presence in Nigeria. An office has been established in Borno State, North East Nigeria and IRC is providing critical humanitarian assistance to conflict affected people.
Scope of the Work
- The Pharmacist Technician is the technical referent on compliance with quality, management and dispensing of medicines and medical material for the IRC Mongonu Field office. Reports directly to the Medical Supervisor (line supervisor) with dotted line to Roving Pharmacy Manager.
- In close collaboration with the Pharmacy manager, warehouse officer(s) and dispensers, develops stock levels alert (based on an average monthly consumption (AMC) and morbidity data); Gathers stock indicators, analyze them and discuss with to the Medical supervisor, Health Manager / Roving Pharmacy Manager so as to avoid stock-outs and the financial losses generated by expired items.
- Ensure quality assurance: Focal point for Good Distribution Practices and Good Dispensing practices in clinics.
- Maintain and monitor a good record of receiving, storing, dispatching of medical items at the stores in line with IRC guidelines or/and procedures.
- Conduct supervisory visits to supported Health facilities and IRC Mobile clinic cliic site to oversee the receipt of items (checking of expire date, quantity and quality, etc.) and make sure that all necessary paperwork’s are completed.
- Regularly monitor the quality of product in storage and report any concern to the medical supervisor, Pharmacy manager. Follow the GSC Pharma SOP requirements for the management of damaged items.
- Organize drugs delivery to the different sites and Partner organizations in collaboration with Warehouse assistant, SC Logistics Supervisor and health Project Manager.
- Update and control all pharmacy files (including sites’ ones) monthly. Ensure monthly physical inventory and fill the inventory file.
- Maintain permanently a good housekeeping of the IRC pharma stores (checking of temperature and hygiene).
- Ensure the security of the pharmacy as per the GSC warehousing policy.
- Follow up the monthly consumption and calculate the needs for local and urgent international orders in collaboration with Supply Chain team.
- When needed support the team in dispense medicines and/or medical supplies to patients, as prescribed by the clinician
- Provide patients and their caregivers with adequate information on drug usage, possible side effects and additional advice as appropriate and in adherence to MoH protocols.
- Alert the clinician when inconsistencies of prescriptions are noted in view of patient safety and compliance.
- Maintain daily records of drug consumption and drugs stock, and submit weekly reports to the clinical health officer and pharmacy technician.
- Observe trends in drug consumptions and timely alert the clinical health officer when supplies need to be replenished.
- Participate in continuous medical education program with the IRC health team.
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by following the measures put in place in collaboration with other staff and the IRC health unit.
- Conduct additional tasks as requested by the Medical supervisor and Health officer to assist in the running of the mobile team on day-to-day basis.
- Ensure a good working relationship with the mobile team and with staff at supported health facilities.
- Bachelor in Pharmacy with practising license and at least 1 years working experience in relevant humanitarian setting is preferred. Or College Diploma in Pharmaceutical sciences with minimum of 2 years work experience in drugs and medical supplies management .
- Experience in deep field mission as a pharmacist in humanitarian setting is highly recommended.
- Must be registered with relevant licensing bodies and allowed to practice in Nigeria
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of drugs and medical supplies regulations of Nigeria
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- NGO work experience is an advantage
- Should be able to use Microsoft Office especially MS-Word, Excel
- Able to communicate in English language (written and spoken ); Knowledge of local languages is a plus
- Additional qualities: team worker, be flexible , and adaptability to transitions.
Specific Security Situation / Housing:
- The security situation in Gwoza Borno state the NE continues to be volatile at level 3 (orange). security level as it’s one of the three states of emergency (SoE) in the NE of the country. The candidate should be prepared to implement programming in insecure environments.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Borno