Job Title: Performance Management Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Human Resources
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Report: Director, HR Operations
- We are searching for a Performance Management Specialist to provide support to the Director, HR Operations through the design, development, implementation, administration, and communication of a Performance Management Framework. S/he will oversee and manages all activities related to the performance management cycle and manage all communication, sensitization and monitoring of the process to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the business needs.
- To be successful in this role, the Performance Management Specialist will assist the Director, HR Operations in ensuring that 54gene’s compensation and benefits programs support the company’s mission, goals, and compensation objectives, and remain compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
- The ideal candidate will continually provide updates on various compensation programs, initiatives, and services that are responsive to the Company’s needs and objectives.
- The Specialist will monitor and study current and emerging compensation issues and trends and present strategic recommendations to Management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and monitor the Company’s Performance Management system and ensure alignment with the Company’s values and objectives.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to establish and support the link between strategic business objectives and people’s day-to-day actions and tasks by tracking progression from goal setting, monthly/mid-year reviews and end of year evaluations to support individual, team and organizational performance.
- Ensure targeted communication to enable managers to effectively evaluate, measure and optimize individual and team performance.
- Develop ideas/uses for technology, in human performance processes.
- Continually improve processes to develop performance appraisal systems.
Program Design and Implementation:
- In collaboration with the VP, Human Resources and Director, HR Operations, contribute to the design, implementation, and management of effective Recognition Programs to reward staff contributions.
- In collaboration with the Learning & Development Specialist, contribute to the design, implementation and management of effective learning and development/talent management initiatives to address performance gaps.
- Coordinate the implementation of consequences related to performance evaluation results, e.g., performance pay, Performance Improvement Plans, responses to requests for revision of the evaluation, reward and recognition activities, learning and development activities, etc.
- Lead, manage and monitor the design, implementation and effective use of 360-degree feedback process: including the dissemination of individual reports and coordination of development discussions between managers and their staff
- Oversee the implementation of key performance measures, core competencies and core values into performance appraisal system.
- Research best practices in performance management designs and revise and modify the Company’s performance management system as needed.
- Lead initiatives related to benchmarking relevant policies and practices with similar organizations or market leaders.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Sector Management or related discipline.
- SHRM, CIPM or PHR qualification.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in Human Resources, especially in employee performance management processes and related tools.
- Familiarity with HRIS tools that support performance management processes/activities; management of 360-degree feedback processes in a multi-cultural, complex business environment.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications and HR reporting tools (Business Intelligence).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and telephonic communication skills
- Good understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, multitask and prioritize under pressure with minimal supervision
- Legislation: Knowledge of local compensation and benefits laws and labour and immigration laws.
- Performance Management: Knowledge required to analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate performance management systems for a large organization.
- Job Analysis: Knowledge of Job Analysis and to relate jobs across the organization.
- Job Evaluation Methods: Knowledge of the Hay Job Evaluation Method and experience of making Grade recommendations.
- Job Pricing and pay structures: Ability to interpret Remuneration Survey data and draw numerical conclusions.
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences, internally and externally
- Organizational skills.
- Understanding of payroll management will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!