Job Title: Payroll Officer
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a qualified Payroll Clerk to assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation in the company.
- You will undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages and making payments.
- An excellent payroll clerk has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality.
- You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will have good maths skills to make the necessary calculations.
- The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities.
- The goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy.
- Manage compensation packages using payroll software
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Manage and calculate taxes and deductions
- Initiate periodical payments timely either by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system
- Issues statements and invoices and maintain records
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
- Calculate unemployment and severance payments
- Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
- Proven experience as payroll clerk
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Payforce)
- Exquisite math and numerical skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- OND in Accounting.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Years Of Experience 1-2
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location rivers