The University of Lagos founded in 1962, has, for over 5 decades, provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia who have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria.
We invite suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastor Enoch A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics
- The person that will occupy the Pastor E.A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate’ levels in Mathematics and carry out research in any specialized area of Mathematics.
- The occupant of the Chair shall present an Annual Lecture (each year) as well as deliver a terminal public lectures on his/her accomplishments at the end of the tenure.
The successful applicant to this position would be called Pastor Enoch Adeboye “Outstanding” Professor of Mathematics, in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his or her outstanding accomplishments.
- A Ph.D in Mathematics from a reputable University.
- At least 10 years of Post-Ph.D. teaching experience.
- An impeccable record of teaching and research career in the Professorial Cadre (i.e. Professor or Associate Professor). Part of a demonstrable indicator of research achievements is in the number of Ph.Ds successfully supervised by the candidate.
- There must be strong proof of Continuing Research in Mathematics v. Possess administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills and must be of proven integrity.
- Possession of cutting-edge information technology (IT) credentials will be an added advantage.
- Membership of learned societies in the Mathematical Sciences is highly desirable
- The Chair has a tenure of two years
Conditions of Service
- As contained in the University of Lagos Conditions of service Governing senior staff
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal Allowance
- Learned Society subscription allowance
- Local Transport and Travelling
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing Allowance
- Attendance at International/Local Conferences/Lectures support.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit three bound copies of Publications along with ten (10) copies of detailed Applications and Curriculum Vitae. The CV should include:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Postal Address
- Telephone No. (Landline/Mobile)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualification (Including distinctions and credit with dates)
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present post.
- Detailed list of publications.
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and Addresses of three referees.
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
Candidates should Cick Here to submit signed and scanned application, as well as current CV.
All Applications and supporting materials should be submitted to:
The Deputy Registrar,
Academic Affairs Unit,
University of Lagos,
Further enquiries should be directed to:
Office of Advancement,
University of Lagos.
Academic Staff Unit
Human Resource Management Department,
University of Lagos.
Mobile No: 08029914599
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!