Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and repair of the organization’s database.
- In addition, he/she will be responsible for supporting the Oracle databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security.
- Ensure secure services with minimum downtime by proactively monitoring the databases.
- Control privileges and permissions to database users.
- Perform Oracle installations and monitor, tune and provide capacity planning for future expansion requirements.
- Provide regular trend analysis to the service management team, assisting in the optimal resource management / allocation function of the team.
- Effectively escalate identified problems to the Oracle development team and other related third-party concerned.
- Support the IT implementation team to ensure high availability of the databases.
- Monitor database performance as well as carry out database backup and recovery.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as provided by the development team.
- Minimum of a good Bachelor’s degree in: Computer Science / Electronic Engineering / other Technology – related field, Oracle certification (OCA, OCP ) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience as an Oracle database administrator; Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems is a definite advantage.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability
- Practical experience of other databases – e.g. SQL Server
- Practical experience in managing MS SQL database security
- A good understanding of key customer business challenges and strategies, with specific experience in Telecommunications Service Provider environments
- Strong technical and project management skills, must be resourceful and able to work as part of a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, proven presentation skills.
- Very good analytical and conceptualization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry.
- Committed to continuous learning and development on the job.
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] using “Oracle Database Administrator (with MS SQL knowledge)” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!