Job Title: Operator
Ref No: 833576
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
- Perform as part of the shift team to ensure that safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping are maintained to the required standards in an environment of continual improvement.
- This role will operate on a shift pattern – 4 days on and 4 days off. You will need to commit to day shifts and night shifts.
- Complies with all safety rules, procedures and works instructions applicable to area of responsibility.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene in the entire Central Systems area, waste canopy and waste bin area and follow 5S Housekeeping principles.
- Checks that consumables that enter his/her sector correspond with the requirements of the product being disposed.
- Ensure efficient operations of the Diaper Cull, Trim Balers and the Briquetter
- Ensure Balers are set at agreed setting and ensure basic maintenance tasks and check sheets are done.
- Ensure all bales conform to agreed standards of compression and bales are of good quality
- Manually load all other diaper waste into the Baler.
- Operate stretch wrap machine and ensure all bales are properly wrapped.
- Remove all bales to designated storage area by means of clamp truck.
- Knows and actively participate in all work and repairs which are carried out in his/her sector by the support teams
- Reports and informs team leader of the maintenance and improvement required of his sector.
- During shift changes, communicates to the incoming operator all new occurrences, repairs, process changes and materials issues.
- Informs team leader when waste bins require emptying.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing plant
- National Diploma ND / C&G1 / Trade Test Grade 3 qualification in either Mechanical Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- Computer Literate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you meet the criteria, you will be required to undertake an online assessment before being invited for interview.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!