Job Title: Operations / Procurement Consultant (COVID-19) – Nigeria IHP
Ref No: req11491
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/new-born health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- The Operations/Procurement Consultant Officer (COVID-19) will work from the Abuja Country Office and provide operations/procurement support to the state offices.
- He/she will report to the Senior Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations and logistics of the States COVID-19 activities on the IHP Program, including local and in-country travel, local vendor relationships, and event and meeting arrangements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise Purchase Requisitions (PR) for all COVID related procurements for approval and develop the Request for
- Quotes/Proposals for the approved PRs.
- Share or post the RFQ/P to relevant vendors
- In consultation with the project team, explore market and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors.
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants.
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of vendors, consultants, sub-agreements, contracts, grants, etc.
Office Administrations and Logistics:
- Maintain appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (Due Diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists; competitive quotations); field vouchers, approved budgets and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments; checks.
- Assist in management of Field Office (COVID related) assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities, and logistic services as required.
- Serve as backup for administration of transportation for the office and staff for local and international travel.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date operational, personnel, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Nigerian law.
- Work closely with Finance Officer for daily tasks and overall project management.
- Perform receiving function, record and work with Task Order Operations Officer to tag all new fixed assets and update the asset register accordingly.
- Issue supplies and stationery to staff
- All other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized academic institution in Business or related field or 4 years working in administration; MBA is an advantage.
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and implementing operational activities.
- At least 4 years of administration experience with a good understanding of business operations and controls; experience with international organizations and USAID regulations an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules and progress are reviewed and monitored.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making. A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
- Project Management expertise;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Abuja, Nigeria
- Total Years Experience 5-10