Job Title: Operations / Planning Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide high level technical and administrative support to the Operations Manager and Field Service Teams by identifying and solving operational problems, resolving safety and quality issues. Coordinating and monitoring project activities in a manner that ensures project deliverables are met within the stipulated schedule and budget.
- Reports to Manager Operations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify operational priorities by assessing operational objectives, determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, safety, environmental quality.
- Improve operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design, implementing changes, and contributing to operations strategy.
- Support Operations Manager in coordinating field service/technical operations for company-wide maintenance projects.
- Provide operations and technical leadership to support projects/technical service needs and ensuring project performance meets customers’ expectations.
- Monitor operations performance metrics that are in place to support tactical as well as strategic goals and objectives.
- Review invitation to tender (ITT) and request for proposals (RFQs) and prepare SWOT analysis using internal process as input for ‘go’ or ‘no go’ decisions.
- Prepare tender and RFQ documentation and ensure on time submission through customer’s specified channels.
- Contribute to projects planning phase and ensure projects are loaded on the SAP Project Management module.
- Manage Financial Projects in SAP, regularly update it with project information and provide projects progress reports.
- Support the HSE Officer in managing company’s Quality and HSE Management System.
- Prepare Field Service Reports based on inputs from field service teams for issuance to customers.
- Conduct site visit and equipment inspections in conjunction with field service teams and prepare site visit reports .
- Develop costing as part of quotation process and send to the operation manager for approval.
- Act as company’s internal contact point for the customer during enquiry and bidding processes.
- Build and develop client relationship and facilitate appropriate relationships across all levels externally and internally within TPG with the goal to become a long-term strategic partner.
- Carry out regular proposal follow up using/updating and maintaining the CRM and sales program
- Offer office based commercial/sales support to the Operation Manager.Compliance with TPG Code of Conduct, Ethics and Corporate governance.
Job & Man Specifications
Education & Experience:
- First degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Engineering will be an added advantage
- Other relevant certification from recognised professional bodies or institution
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years working experience in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years work experience in Tendering, Project Planning, Project Management and Contract Administration.
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Field Service Operations
- Project Planning
- Health, Safety & Environment Management
- Quality Management
- Technical Communication
- Project & Contract Administration
Skills / Physical Competencies:
- Good Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Management skill
- Technical Communication & Report writing skills.
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Emotional Intelligence
Quality / Technical Competencies:
- Data Management
- Computer and Information Technology appreciation
- Technical skills
- Project Management
- Familiarity with mobile tools and application
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!