Job Title: Operations & Maintenance Lead
Job ID: 91
Function: Operations & Maintenance
Reporting to: Head, Engineering
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for developing an Operations and Maintenance plan and ensuring that the plan is tested, documented and implemented in accordance with approved procedures and safety standards.
- Direct the performance of planned and contingency Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to ensure that ipNX’s infrastructure are properly configured.
- Responsible for risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
- Deliver and operate services within agreed performance standards and contractual agreements whilst operating within agreed timescales and budgets.
Expected Key Results:
- Facility and Infrastructure Maintenance
- Ensure efficient Operations
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Planning and Documentation
- Team Leadership, Coordination and Supervision
- Stakeholder Management and Research
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent (2.2/Upper Credit Minimum)
- Ability to confidently communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive technical knowledge deploying and managing network and infrastructure environment
- Well organized, articulate and has numerate skills
- Knowledge of network hardware configuration and management, including routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- Demonstrable capability to form and lead tactical response teams to resolve specific technical issues by delivering root-cause remediation and successful timely implementation
- An ability to deliver results in highly complex, technically challenging situations where collaboration across multiple teams is required
- Experience of managing operations at scale
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills at expert level.
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills at a senior level
- Environmental / Industry analysis
- Documentation and Strategic planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills also desirable
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience in the IT/Telecommunications field with atleast 4-5 years in FTTH Rollout / Operations
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fibre) cabling.
- Experience in Vendor Management
- Experience using data to illustrate business conclusions
- Experience working in a Service Provider environment and providing technical support to end customer solutions
- Experience in creating and delivering network designs and customer solutions based on a set of requirements
- Experience working in the Telecommunications industry with a track record of technical achievement and P&L improvement
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian and global Information Technology Industry especially Telecommunications
- Strong experience as a line manager and a coach leading diverse teams
- Ability to document and implement processes to increase efficiency, productivity, reliability and scalability
- Project management skills a definite asset
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Team Work
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning
- Ensures Accountability
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Excellent Decision Quality
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Lagos, Lagos. Lagos