Job Title: Operations Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
- SEND is looking to create a great workplace where the best of the best want to go to thrive. They believe that high-performing people who are happy are the secret sauce to building a world-class company.
- Their ground operations team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of SEND’s ocean, Air & Inland services. As an operations associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve SEND’s growth goals.
- In your role, you’ll work closely with Carriers (Ocean and Air), our global partners, and Terminals Operators to get the best benefits and rates for customers for both ocean and air products.
- Also, pricing and procurement of rates for International colleagues on global OFR & internal pricing template for global customers.
- Monthly reports on Quotations, RFQs won, and keep records of rates and customers details.
- This role is also critical to SEND’s value proposition of instant quote and real-time tracking via digitization.
- Ensure seamless operation of moving ocean, landside and Air shipments.
- Manage both soft and hard allocation with ocean carriers that match with clients’ demand and minimize allocation shortfall.
- Support with trial / VIP shipments by providing various ocean carrier options and protect these shipments from roll-overs.
- Maintain and run the management tools for daily operation and support urgent requests from clients.
- You are expected to be process and data driven in your daily activities, ensuring we operate in an efficient and effective way.
- Take action to manage exceptions in operations and be proactive in exploring and implementing solutions within the stipulated guard-rails.
- Where required, you will create tools for internal use to build efficiency and share knowledge, both within the team and company.
- Collaborate with cross-functionally with sales, Tech, customer care, digital marketing, finance and compliance as needed for new projects.
- Drive continuous performance improvement within assigned partners, through digital adoption, process improvement, and ongoing enablement.
- Be responsible for the supply side of SEND’s marketplace – securing enough supply from carriers, airlines and partners at a competitive cost to serve our customers.
- Collaborate closely with our Tech team to continuously scope and prioritize our supply products.
- B.Sc or relevant Degree.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in shipping or supply chain operations.
- Knowledge of the import and export supply chain processes in Nigeria.
- A fast learner that is willing to push boundaries in order to execute. Someone with a strong sense of urgency
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic – You are self-driven and have a willingness to do what it takes to deliver results.
- Competitive compensation & equity
- Health insurance
- Flexible remote work culture
- Work with the smartest people in freight
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!