Job Title: Operations and Administrative Assistant, FIRM2
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50101876
Private Sector Credit Enhancement Facility (PSF):
- The Private Sector Credit Enhancement Facility (PSF) is an AfDB risk-sharing facility established to provide credit participations for AfDB NSOs in countries eligible for loans from the African Development Fund – namely low-income countries. Based on its current level of equity, PSF’s target portfolio for credit risk coverage amounts to 1.1 billion.
- Given the specificity of the PSF as a risk participant in the Bank’s NSOs, the ADF Board of Directors ensures oversight of the Facility and approves the Facility’s participation in the risks of individual NSOs in accordance with the PSF Framework and Guidelines. The PSF Administrator (PSFA) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the PSF and for mobilizing additional contributions towards the Facility’s pipeline.
- The PSF enjoys financial and operational autonomy, as its resources are totally separate from those of the AfDB and the ADF. It performs some of the AfDB’s intermediary and warehousing roles. The PSFA works closely with the relevant departments to ensure that these functions are performed in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable standards and that they meet all performance and financial planning, reporting and audit requirements.
- Under the supervision of the PSF Administrator, the Operations and Administrative Services Assistant will play a support role in the coordination of operations and administrative services and in the implementation of the PSF.
- He / she will support the PSF team in the administrative, operational and financial management of the structure – including the provisioning of accounts, budgeting, work programme coordination, procurement, information technology and electronic archiving, web / intranet interface and information on transactions.
- He / she will produce information and reports providing updates on the progress, achievements and results of PSF activities. He or she will oversee the smooth operation of office support work and the review, processing and execution of various activities, including overseeing the use of office facilities and resources.
- He / she will ensure the efficient recording, monitoring and management of the Bank’s resources and the Office’s operational activities, in accordance with Bank policies and guidelines.
Staff employed by the Facility – “Project Staff”
- Project staff are distinct from regular AfDB staff in that their status and conditions of employment are linked to a separate initiative, facility or project hosted by the AfDB. The ADF Board of Directors approves the total number of PSF project staff, within the framework of the PSF annual programme and budget. The terms and conditions of appointment for PSF project staff are established on the basis of the Bank’s grade and salary structure, as well as the Bank’s Staff Rules and Regulations. Costs related to the compensation and benefits of all PSF project staff are borne by the PSF.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the PSF Administrator, the Operations and Administrative Services Assistant will carry out the following duties:
Operational and Financial Management: coordination of the work programme and implementation of the administrative budget:
- Support the management and coordination of PSF resources and implementation of the work programme consistent with the procedures and in strict compliance with the policies and guidelines of the PSF and the Bank.
- Support the operational activities of team members ; provide technical assistance to staff in the use of SAP.
- Contribute to the production of reports, presentations (layout, document review, production of graphical material), as well as Excel-based analysis, and enter/retrieve information in SAP PS and LM.
- Define and maintain an architecture for electronic archiving and coordination with the focal points of the PSF ecosystem for the search, archiving and maintenance of the operational pipeline and portfolio information as well as legal and financial documentation.
- Manage and monitor documents in BPPS.
- Ensure the secure filing of sensitive and confidential information.
- Manage the database and perform any data entry and analysis tasks, as required
- Collect and consolidate project and document data from multiple sources (DARMS, BPPS, SARS, SAP, SharePoint Collaboration, etc.) and of all types (PEN, PAR, NCP, etc.)
- Structure and organise project data in an easy-to-use format (Database).
- Compile the PSF portfolio database and present project data.
- Produce ad hoc reports on the performance of activities and the project portfolio
- Contribute to the management of resources such as the administrative budget; monitor and review expenditure and bring issues to the attention of management.
- Participate, where appropriate, in the programming of operational activities using the appropriate software.
- Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the quarterly mission programme and annual work programme.
- Determine and recommend resource allocation, manage consultants.
- Prepare and monitor implementation of the PSF administrative budget, including the preparation of monthly budget use reports.
- Support the hiring and contractual management of consultants.
- Oversee the organisation and logistics of key meetings, keep records of the decisions taken during meetings.
- Take notes at meetings, write letters and prepare minutes on request.
- Make travel, visa and accommodation arrangements; occasionally travel with Management to provide general assistance. Organise logistics for visiting delegations, including PSF team members and consultants.
- Process travel expense claims.
- Manage systems and subscriptions, create and process expense reports in SAP.
- Participate in monitoring and updating data on the work schedule and key performance indicators.
- Contribute to reporting on the management and performance of PSF activities, and to the various working documents of the Facility. Coordinate with the Bank’s Information Technology Services Department), if necessary, for needs relating to SAP / BPPS / ATRS / SRAS and IT issues.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, IT, Commerce, Business Administration or a related discipline;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience in an operational service, preferably in an international organisation, especially in an international commercial bank or in the insurance sector;
- Sound knowledge of general office administration and organisation in financial institutions exposed to different levels of risk;
- Experience in the investment or development banking sector and with private sector actors;
- Administrative experience of teamwork and relationships in a development financial institution that uses risk participation or credit guarantee instruments or a credit insurance function would be an additional advantage;
- Ability to anticipate unforeseen risks by developing contingency plans and programmes to address issues that could impact the achievement of quality results;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to provide and receive feedback;
- Maturity, reliability, integrity, adaptability and initiative are essential to perform this function;
- Ability to make informed decisions and provide advice to independently solve programme problems based on available or hard-to-find information; use relevant, timely and clear information.
- Problem-solving: Apply operational knowledge to solve problems and find solutions for the client (internal and external) and organisation ;
- Communication: Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner; present oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapt language and style to the needs of a particular audience ;
- Operational efficiency Commit to ensuring that the systems, procedures and culture within the organisation are fully leveraged to produce the required results;
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity: Demonstrate a strong commitment to researching and producing innovative and original solutions for the execution of activities to improve performance and generate additional benefits for the Bank and its clients;
- Teamwork and relationships: Work with colleagues to enhance the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing knowledge and workload. Build strong working relationships with colleagues and contribute to the creation of a positive environment for teamwork;
- Skills in office administration and organization;
- Proven ability to write professional reports;
- Competence in the use of standard MS Office software applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SAP. Competence in the use of SAP or related corporate resource planning software (including project and loan management modules); have the technological skills to perform data entry, manage team schedules and create corporate reports;
- Ability to set up a database system;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English is a requirement for this position. Be bilingual (English and French).
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information & Notice
- The African Development Bank (ADB) is issuing this vacancy notice on behalf of the private sector credit enhancement facility (PSF) which will be the incumbent’s employer. being recruited into the PSF does not guarantee future employment at the AfDB.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and / or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct via: [email protected]
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!