Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
Category: Administrative/Office Support
- Creative Associates seeks an Office Manager for an anticipated regional project in West Africa.
- The Office Manager will be responsible for overseeing areas of human resources and operations out of Nigeria.
- S/he will organize and coordinate office operations procedures to optimize program effectiveness and efficiency.
- S/he will lead Human Resources (HR) practices and objectives that will foster a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff.
- The Office Manager will be responsible for intra-office communication, streamlining administrative and operational procedures, inventory control management, and staff supervision.
- The Office Manager is also responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals which includes ensuring compliance with Creative and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Creative Associates International (Creative) will be implementing an anticipated regional project – Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data in West Africa II (REWARD II) – to (1) provide capacity building to the Economic Community of West African States’ (ECOWAS) National Centers for the Coordination of Response Mechanisms (NCCRMs) to enhance conflict early warning and response systems; and (2) support national and local stakeholders in five countries to mitigate electoral conflict triggers before they escalate into violence.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Office Manager will report to the Chief of Party (COP), located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Ensure program operations, work plans and activities in target countries are in alignment with established project policies and expectations; maintaining constant communication and coordination with COP;
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees; oversee delivery and tracking of procurement and inventory;
- Manage HR office operations ensuring compliance with Creative and client HR rules and regulations;
- Lead the full-cycle recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents;
- Onboard new project hires;
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process;
- Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedures;
- Coordinate staff training and establish staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations;
- Receive and log grievances or complaints from employees;
- Consult with HQ HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provide recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review;
- Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, timesheets, calendar holidays and leave;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field;
- At least six (6) years of HR and operations experience and eight (8) years of general work experience;
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally funded programs;
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Government procurement rules and regulations;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nigerian local labor law;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Fluency in English is required; Fluency in French is desired.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Location Abuja-NG